Dumb Question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumb Question...

Is AGP 1X at 133mhz fsb(1/1 divider), the same as AGP 2X at 100mhz fsb (at 2/3 divider) Thanks!

------------------
    Celeron 300A@464 2.0V, Abit BH6 G400 16meg DH@150/200, Western Digital Expert 18gig, Ricoh mp7040A, Pioneer 6X DVD slot load, Motorola Cable Modem w/DEC ethernet card, Soundblaster 32PNP

Celeron 566@877 1.8V, 256meg generic PC-100 RAM (running at CAS2) Abit BH6, G400 16meg DH@150/200, Western Digital Expert 18gig, Ricoh mp7040A(morphed to mp7060A) Pioneer 6X DVD slot load, Motorola Cable Modem w/DEC ethernet card, Soundblaster Live Value Ver. 2, Viewsonic GT 775

NO!NO!NO! are you people trying to destroy your video card or what . X2 and X1 is AGP 66 Mhz. The diffrence is in the card bus

(Now I gonna try to study)

------------------
    My concern is with growth. You must grow to become one, to become whole, to become sane. I am not going to force sanity upon you. Rather, I am going to bring out your insanity. When it is pulled out completely, throw into the wind, sanity will happen to you, you will grow. You will be transformated. That is the meaning of meditation

Osho
    --------------
    I will try to use a dictionary when I can't
    (Corrected by Robert&Collins dictionary)

[This message has been edited by space7 (edited 11 November 1999).]
    My concern is with growth. You must grow to become one, to become whole, to become sane. I am not going to force sanity upon you. Rather, I am going to bring out your insanity. When it is pulled out completely, throw into the wind, sanity will happen to you, you will grow. You will be transformated. That is the meaning of meditation

Osho
    --------------
    I will try to use a dictionary when I can't
    (Corrected by Robert&Collins dictionary)
    Credit Card numbers Visa expiration date 2005 N:5125 1548 6548 please dont steel

Comment

Maniac,

The Bus speed is always considered to be 66Mhz whether at AGP 1X or 2X. The difference being whether or not it has a single or double band to communicate with at the 66Mhz. This effectively gives you 132Mhz worth of bandwidth or 2X66Mhz pipes. 4x would be 4x66Mhz pipes.

The 133Mhz FSB with 1/1 divider gives you a single 133Mhz Pipe for texture swapping. This is a larger single pipe, that should give you more baseline performance than a 66Mhz AGP pipe - as long as the video card can take it, and doesn't attempt to implement it's own divider in the card itself... (I don't know for certain of that last statement, but I remember someone posting on this board that some AGP cards will automatically divide the BUS speed on their own to compensate for AGP Busses that are out of spec)...

Hope I didn't cloud the waters overly much...

Guyv
      Gaming Rig.

- Gigabyte GA-7N400-Pro
      - AMD Athlon 3200+ XP
      - 1.5GB Dual Channel DDR 433Mhz SDRAM
      - 6.1 Digital Audio
      - Gigabit Lan (Linksys 1032)
      - 4 x 120GB SATA Drives, RAID 0+1 (Striped/Mirrored)
      - Sony DRU-500A DVD/+/-/R/RW
      - Creative 8x DVD-ROM
      - LS120 IDE Floppy
      - Zip 100 IDE
      - PNY Ultra 5900 (256MB)
      - NEC FE950
      - DTT2500 Cambridge Soundworks

Comment

Working...
      X