X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV-OUT RGB CABLE

I made RGB cable with instructions founded
    here, but the video signal are noised.

My cable has all wires shielded except external shield, is this a problem ???

Its a really surprise to me!
    Perhaps something is wrong with your TV SCART socket, or you have SCART plug of bad quality (I have the same some time ago)...

Jacek

Comment

Powerdesk setting is to SCART RGB position, and my TV is a last model of THOMSON.
      My S-VIDEO works well so i think isn't a TV problem.

I've tried to cut RED component from SCART connector but i still see RED COMPONENT, so i think my cable uses COMPOSITE connection.
      (VIDEO signal pin 20 is present so G400 uses it!!!)

How i inform G400 and my TV to use RGB connection instead.

Comment

Thank you, Lorenzoc!

Sirio!

Have you readed my original recipe?
        In the very first line of it I wrote,
        that you must check your TV for RGB input
        option on SCART socket!!!!
        In my TV, I have the same options as Lorenzoc, i.e. composite OR RGB input.
        In composite position, your picture will be noisy and bad, of course.
        Pls check your's TV options

Jacek

Comment

Sirio_KD,

my cable works perfectly (BTW many thanks to Jacek).

Maybe your TV should be set-up to work with RGB: on my SONY TV I can select, for the SAME SCART connector, Composite or RGB through an "OSD menu".

Lorenzo

Comment

My TV dont have this setting, i can change only between Video and S-Video.

I applied a 1.5V (with a battery) to pin 16 and cable switch to RGB mode.
            When i can get a voltage in range 1-3V to apply to pin 16 of SCART connector.

Maybe pin 9 of VGA connector of G400???

Comment

Sirio!

Pls read the FULL G400 Instruction Manual,in .PDF format from G400 CD!
              There are G400 pinouts on page 41 (in hardware section) explained.
              BTW, if your TV does'nt have RGB option - use
              SVHS instead.

Jacek

Comment

If you read my post http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum5/HTML/005719.html

you'll see that RGB enable (what your after ) is carried on pin 16 on the SCART and pin 13 on the VGA connector.

Someone (neanderthal) mentioned that pins 12 & 15 need to be shorted together.

Hope this helps.

Comment

waxling, due to not availability of wires, can i connect pin 17 (VIDEO GND) to pin 18 (RGB ENABLE GND)???

tnx.

Comment

to All,
                    My TV don't show me any RGB option so i'm trying to use RGB enable from VGA connector.

Waxling, i suppose pin 13 of VGA cable, has a voltage perfectly compatible with RGB enable of SCART connector (1V -> 3V).

I hope if it works well.

tnx a lot.

Comment

Yeah you should be able to substitute the ground pin on one end with any other ground pin at the same end.

Hope you get it working coz the picture you get is far superior to any other method.

Comment

There is only one ground at either end, the multiple grounds (r,g,b,video etc) are for ease of creating cables with seperately shielded signal wires. The quality on long runs will be better but its not *strictly* necessary.

The RGB enable (pin 16 :scart) can be connected directly to one of the monitor ID pins (pin 13 :VGA) and will switch the TV/Video over to either RGB/Composite. It works Ok on my (old) Philips TV. When you change the RGB/Composite option in DualHead setup the TV changes between the two.

Shorting 12 & 15 on the VGA acts as the "dongle" to tell the card to enable TV-out.

Comment

tnx to all.

RGB cable works well also on my TV.

cya.

Comment

Working...
                          X