VIA vs. ALI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VIA vs. ALI

This may sound like a really dumb question, but when I was having problems with my MAX (still am, but they're getting resolved), people told me to download and install the latest Via drivers (4in1). I was looking at my mobo and I noticed it was an ALI card with model number ALI M1541. Why was I told to get the VIA download? Am I missing something? I haven't been able to install the 4in1 thing because of a registry error and I figured that it probably would not be registered for a VIA chipset if it was an ALI card. Should I get the ALI drivers? Someone please clarify for me.

Thanks
    "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
    --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Actually you were asked which chipset your motherboard had, but anyhow, ALI has their own drivers. They are totally different from VIA.

Rags

Comment

Yeah, I know which my mobo has, but I was wondering which one I am supposed to be using considering that as far as I can tell, I have an ALI compatible motherboard..... Should I download the ALI drivers and install them or should I stick with the VIA drivers and try and figure out how to fix my "registry error?" Ideas please
      "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
      --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Comment

VIA and ALI are chipset manufacturers. You should use the drivers from the manufacturer for your chipset. In your case ALI.

Joel
        Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
        Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

I dont ting you can correct the registery problem. You must realy install the drivers that get with your chipset.
          My concern is with growth. You must grow to become one, to become whole, to become sane. I am not going to force sanity upon you. Rather, I am going to bring out your insanity. When it is pulled out completely, throw into the wind, sanity will happen to you, you will grow. You will be transformated. That is the meaning of meditation

Osho
          --------------
          I will try to use a dictionary when I can't
          (Corrected by Robert&Collins dictionary)
          Credit Card numbers Visa expiration date 2005 N:5125 1548 6548 please dont steel

Comment

Working...
          X