This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 Marvel??

Cheggers.The precipale ting that The Marvel has and the Millinium don't have it is a video in. And for the 16 vs 32. 32 is needed for beg resolution and texture. Games in the future will have do's two. Now the majoritys of games don't need 32 Mb . Of what I am furios about Matrox. Is why not a Marvel with 32 Mb ?
    My concern is with growth. You must grow to become one, to become whole, to become sane. I am not going to force sanity upon you. Rather, I am going to bring out your insanity. When it is pulled out completely, throw into the wind, sanity will happen to you, you will grow. You will be transformated. That is the meaning of meditation

Osho
    --------------
    I will try to use a dictionary when I can't
    (Corrected by Robert&Collins dictionary)
    Credit Card numbers Visa expiration date 2005 N:5125 1548 6548 please dont steel

Ahhh!,
    I see, dis is a bad ting
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Yeah but by the time these new super games come out, they will have the geforces 64mg and the Voodoo 5's 128mg to play with and im sure they'll be a matrox equivilent by then.

as for 32mg, i dont think there is the space on the board for it, its pretty packed

i like my marvel.

If you have any aspirations to make videos of any kind, and are kinda serious then get a Marvel, If however gaming is your priority and video is secondary get a 32mg G400 or a MAX and maybe a Rainbow runner later.... :O)
      Windows XP Pro + SP1 - Pentium 4 3.1gig - 1024mg DDR 333 2 cas - Thermaltake Xaser Case - Parhelia 128 - 3x Phillips TFT Monitors - Audigy 2 Platinum - 6.1 surround speakers - RTx100 - 5 HD 7200rpm (420gig) - Pioneer A03 - Partridge in a pear tree

Comment

G400 Marvel??

Well... I've read the AGN3D article of the G400 Marvel and he said that the benchmark results of the 32MB G400 Millenium should be equivelant. Is this so? I mean, by just simply speaking, in high textured games with high bandwidths, 16megs of local memory should not be even close to the 32MB. Do you think so? G400 Marvel owners - have the clue to support this idea?? Results?? How does it play Quake3DemoTest at around 1280x1024?? Could it be 20fps or so?? Or am I dreaming?? Really, I want to start to learn such CAD/CAM, video editing stuff now and sure I am getting a little bit over interested. To also ask, does the Marvel's Break-out box support any Matrox card and work in conjunction to each other with a SCART interface daughterboard for the G200/G400 series or something??
        The final - how overclockable is it? Also, is there an available upgrade for a Tv-box from Matrox??

THANKS!!!

[This message has been edited by JackYi (edited 24 November 1999).]

Comment

Hi,
          My marvel runs Quake 3 Demo qt 1024x768 in 32 bit with everything on.
          in demo1 I get 23-57

Most games ive found run ok. Pod Racer is great. The resoloution doesnt seem to make that much of a difference if a games gonna run it run good in all res'

my main problem is Unreal tournament
          i can run it fine at medium textures and 16bit colour but as soon as i up it to 32bit it jerks like hell.
          Whether this is a driver issue or an unreal coding im not sure...

Quake3 test 1.08 used to be like that in 1024x768 but plays fine on the demo version
          better coding?

in short im not sure how much the 16mg limits you. ive never had a 32mg system so i dont know i upgraded form a marvel g200 (8mg)

I do know that if video is your priority, the video is better on the marvel due to a new decoder chip and Maven TV-OUT
          over the older versions in the RRG and regular G400/MAX but we're talking the differnce between great nad excellent here.

umm what else,
          Oh the breakout box, it only works with the Marvel :O)

Windows XP Pro + SP1 - Pentium 4 3.1gig - 1024mg DDR 333 2 cas - Thermaltake Xaser Case - Parhelia 128 - 3x Phillips TFT Monitors - Audigy 2 Platinum - 6.1 surround speakers - RTx100 - 5 HD 7200rpm (420gig) - Pioneer A03 - Partridge in a pear tree

Comment

What is the difference between the Marvel and the Millenium?
            The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Thanks! Where could I find about the Rainbow Runner?? I see no new concerning the product in matrox's site. Is it an add-on??

Thanks again!

Comment

CMB,

I've had to change my order from a G400-max to a G400-TV. (see story) "SHAME ON MATROX".
                How do you like your TV board? This all-in- one board was my original choice and maybe it's best that things worked out the way they did. My feeling is that my kids will purchase a new game playing device in the next two years anyway, and that is shouldn't be that concerned with the computer being the primary gaming machine. Coming from a 120MHz with 2MB of video RAM to a 700MHz with 16MB...well it's all relative anyway. Any problems? Thanks

Comment

Hi,
                  I like my marvel
                  As i said I can run quake3 fine with all bells and whistles,
                  Unreal tournament only seems to want to run in 16bit with medium textures, which is kinda annoying when my mates tnt has everything on. but still it looks great anhyhow its just a minor niggle.
                  maybe be fixed with a timely powerdesk release?
                  Games seem to be pretty hit and miss, NFS, And anything based in the unreal engine are very picky it seems, on the other hand most games are fine, amazing even

Video performance is excellent.
                  the only prob i have is that Media studio wont run correctly with Pdesk running in the background, a minor inconveniance but (i just have to ctrl/alt/delete before i run media studio)

i think you'll be happy :O)

Comment

Hi, all... just neatening up a bit...

Moving this over to Desktop Video, since you'll unquestionably find even more people who are very familiar with it's performance stats there...

---------------
                    Holly
                    Holly

"All we need is a voluntary, free-spirited, open ended program of procreative racial deconstruction."
                    -Jay Bulworth

Comment

Working...
                    X