G200 dvd daughter card module

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G200 dvd daughter card module

i'm lookin' to get the upgrade module in order to play some dvd's on my computer. anyone have any experience with the dvd module? how's the quality of the video? much better than software? no difference? any info is greatly appreciated.

-------------
    Gigabyte BX2000, Celeron 366@550(2.0V), 96MB, G200 8MB SG, rh 6.1/win2k/win98se :-)

Don't do it.
    The add-on is made by Zoran.
    Zoran has not updated their software (which sucked really bad to start with), and it will not work with any 5.xx series drivers.

If you want hardware decoding, go for a Hollywood+ type card, or get a card (G400) that has the juice to pull it off in software...
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

I have the Module, and I agree, Matrox support sucked.
      But after much time and hacking, have found the module works brilliantly under PD5.25, VT151, and using TweakSD to kill the region crap you can watch anything!
      When working, TVOUT is exceptional (on a Loewe Ergo 100hz SVid) for the DVD.
      But once again, Matrox distributed the product under the Matrox guise, and support has been shit to say the least. Its not all Zorans fault....
      I agree H+ would be a better bet on hindsight.
      "It's purely for evaluation..."

Comment

got a marvel g200tv, celeron 300a@450, should i just use a software player with the new pioneer 6x i'm getting? (i hear 10x is region locked)
        ==
        "In Japan, I was in a relationship for seven years and my boyfriend never once heard me pee." --Miho Ogawa, 29, a Japanese waitress living in New York / Giant Robot 24

Comment

I used PowerDVD with my G200, and it did fine. I never really saw a need for the add-on, other than freeing up CPU cycles...
          Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

thanks guys, i think i'll go ahead and use the software....i think i want to see a module in action first before i spend $90 on it...and i think the 550(2.0V) should be able to handle it <g>

Comment

JidaiGeki,
              Go to this site.... http://www.dvdutils.com/
              ....under the cracks section, there's a download for TweakSD 0.5 under 'Matrox Addon Card'.
              This utility will reset your Matrox BIOS, so use with care (and reboot afterwards!), but it works perfectly on mine after 30+ changes, and it also gives you back your original 3 changes!

On a clean(ish) install of W98SE, I can profess that 'Zoran SoftDVD 2.523_5.02 for Matrox' installs and runs perfectly when using the standard PD5.25 and VT151e drivers, under 2.6 BIOS.
              Installing from root of CD or x:\softdvd directory is slightly different but both are effective.

The machine its all happening on.....
              P2-450 on IWILLBD100, 256MPC100, 18G IDEHD, 2 x DiamondMonster2 SLI, 100Mbit TX card, AOPEN9624 DVD.
              Matrox MillG200 16MSGRAM, RRG200, TVOUT Addon, DVD Addon

Hope all this helps!
              "It's purely for evaluation..."

Comment

cods,

I have a Mystique G200 w/DVD module, have just ordered a DVD drive (region free). Could you please let me know about TweakSD?

[EDIT]
                I have found the info through your post on Region Patches. Any other info on your drivers would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks in advance,

JG

[This message has been edited by JidaiGeki (edited 01 December 1999).]

Comment

Working...
                X