Tweakers question :) Everyone contribute

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tweakers question :) Everyone contribute

I have a G400 32 meg AGP non-max and my system consists of a K6-2 450, 128 megs SDram, G400 32 meg non-max (with 5ns sgram so i guess im lucky) FIC PA-2013 rev. 2.0 and other stuff My question to all you murcers and murcettes is, does anyone have any tweaks or setting be they bios or driver etc that they have noticed have enhanced their performance in some way? Any users of my mobo and stuff would be good too. Cmon guys lets share the tweaks Jediphoenix

------------------
    ***TRUST IN YOUR TECHNOLUST***
    <A HREF="http://jediphoenix.iscool.net/
    " TARGET=_blank>http://jediphoenix.iscool.net/
    </A>

Hi JediPheonix

I have a k6-2-450 running at 500 by upping the core voltage to 2.7V and pointing an extra fan at the heatsink/fan combo.

I also use MGATweak for my G400 32 DH Vanilla. Just follow the instructions in the .pdf file that come with it.

Both of there give useful (free) boosts.

BTW I think the K6-2-450 may go higher, but at 5.5 my PCChips M577 mobo drops to 95MHz (=531MHz) FSB and I need better cooling.

Tony.
    FT.

Comment

Don't have a K6 to try out but I do use Tweak to boost performance. I use the following BIOS settings, Graphics Aperature Size = 64MB (too large of a setting and you get swapped to death, try 1/2 the size of your current RAM), Video memeory mode = USCW (not sure if your mobo supports this), VGA BIOS sequence = AGP/PCI, Video ROM BIOS Shadow = Enabled (Have heard lots about turning this on and/or off - mine is faster with it on, try both), My tweak settings are as follows: GCLK 2, MCLK 1.5, WCLK 2, Duty cycle correction = Auto. By default my system PLL clock is set to 252. Using these settings I have been able to to take the system clock to 309 before I see any problems. My system is perfectly stable at 302. Using 3D Mark 99 Max I get 206.1 MTexels fill at default and at 302 I get 253.4 MTexels. Multitexture is 203.9 at default and 249.4 at 302. (At 3D Mark 99 Max default settings 800X600@16) Hope that helps some.

------------------
      Asus P3B-F1, PIII 600B, 128Mb PC133 RAM, 18.2 KA drive, HP CDRW & Travan drive, SB64PCI, Intel EPro+ PnP NIC, G400.
      Nothing sadder than seeing a beautiful theory getting slammed by an ugly fact!

Comment

Working...
      X