Latest vs. WHQL Certified Drivers Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest vs. WHQL Certified Drivers Question

Seems that there appears to be some problems with the latest ver. 5.41 drivers.

Question - Is there any advantage to sticking with the certified drivers? I know that these are basically "blessed" by MS, but are they "supposedly" more stable, etc?

thanx!
    Gateway Performance 850 - Matrox G450 32mb DDR, SB Live! Value, Promise UltraATA 66 & 30GB HD - and Windows 2000 Pro

I'm not having problems with the PD 5.41 drivers, although I have a relatively standard system: Intel BX chipset, Pentium III CPU, Aureal-based soundcard, etc. I get identical benchmarks, and image quality seems to have improved over ver. 5.30.

In my experience, and this was with the 4.xx drivers and a G200, the certified drivers were a fair bit slower than the "unblessed" drivers. (Slower *sometimes* translates to better stability and compatibility.)

I think you should try 5.41, and if you don't like them, uninstall them, and try the certified drivers. PC configurations are so different, it's hard to predict how the 5.41 drivers will behave on your system.

Paul
    paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

Working...
    X