PD5 Reg hack for Agp x2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PD5 Reg hack for Agp x2

Thought I'ld share some insight on why the reg hack for agp 2x might not always work. I have a system that had a g200 on it, which I upgraded to g400. I couldn't get the g400 to run at 2x. Both PCIlist and Sandra told me I was running at 1x, even though my mb and video card were capable of 2x. After a lot of experimenting, including a reinstall of win98 (over the old install), and then a new install, I discovered the following:

The reg hack adds a line to the registry. The line is: "AGPFlags"="-1" which is added to: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Class\Display\0000\Settings\CPU]

The problem is if your current video card was not the first one in your system, it is not display "0000". By examining my registry, I found that it retained info about my g200 as display "0000". My g4000 info was under display "0001". So by running the reg hack all I was doing was forcing the g200 (no longer in my system) to run at 2x. What I had to do was make the additonal entry under display "0001", which was my g400.

Hope maybe this helps someone else out in the future.

Glad you figured it out....but if you had asked here first, we could have told you about that one...

Also, the fact that your G400 is at \0001 says that you did not uninstall some previous video drivers, since some other driver is occupying \0000. This isn't necessarily a problem, but I would boot into safe mode, and check the device manager, just to make sure a second video card isn't listed there...
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Working...
    X