X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• W2K G400 drivers & OpenGL

Hello,

i'm in trouble with the latest beta release of the G400 drivers for Windows 2000, when i try to start a OpenGL screensaver (Flower Box for example) i receive an error message (the screensaver has generated an error...)
    This error occurs for each OpenGL screensavers ! Even if i start a small OpenGL program i wrote !
    What happens ? Have you the same problem ?
    By the way i'm using the W2K RC3, G400 Max, Driver 5.0.007

Thank you.

Olivier

I get that same problem.
    If Matrox is porting over the NT4 openGL
    drivers to Windows 2000 then expect
    a crap load of bugs. The NT4 openGL
    sucks. Probably something to do with
    matrox not being able to hang on to their
    engineers

Comment

Probably something to do with the ICD being optimized more for apps than games, if you ask me. And maybe a whole lot to do with releasing a BETA driver set for a BETA OS, and being first out the door with one.

Comment

I get the exact same problem with screen saver errors with a g200 and PD 5.30

Dell Intel 440bx, P2 450, 256 megs ram, IBM 13g hard drive, G400 Max, PD 6.22, 256k AGP aperture, Win 98 SE, DirectX 8.0a,TBS Montego Audio, Dell D1226H 19 inch monitor at 1280x1024x32, 3com XL10/100

Comment

It's not an optimization issue, it's a stability issue or how complete the openGL driver is. Quake II doesn't use nearly all of the openGL instructions than say a professioan cad program may use.

They been working on openGL for how long 2 years or so and they still don't have it right. Check NT4 it's no where near complete. Ask some openGL experts and they'll tell you it's way from complete.
          So how many more years we'll we have to wait .

Comment

yep ! there have been numerous postings on the openGL screen saver problem since day 1. I had problems in addition to that too .. Rob_b

------------------
            pentium II @300mhz
            intel 440lx pci chipset
            64mb memory, g400max,
            cybervision C70 monitor
            dual boot: win2000 from a maxtor 8.4 gb, win95 from a maxtor 4.3 gb
            pentium III @550mhz
            intel 440BX pci chipset
            512mb memory, g400max,
            cybervision C70 monitor
            win2000 on maxtor 8.4 gb

Comment

Galvin: "Probably something to do with
              matrox not being able to hang on to their
              engineers." Is this is you starting vicious rumours or do you know for fact?
              Asus K7V
              Athlon 700
              128mb PC133 HSDRAM
              Matrox Millennium g400max
              Adaptec 2940U2W
              IBM 9gb U2W
              Plextor 8/20 cdr
              Diamond MX300
              3com 905b-tx

Comment

You know what, Galvin? You can just kiss my rosey red arse. You have done nothing but bitch because Matrox hasn't thrown you a bone. You have complained non-stop because there wasn't a beta driver available for download. Now, they give a beta driver for download, and you continue to bitch. Why don't you just get lost. If you had taken any time at all to compare the NT4 ICD with the Win2K ICD in the Beta release, you would have noticed that Q2 performance is up about 1000 percent (for me it is, anyway). You would have also noticed that 3DSMax performance is also up. But I guess that is too much to ask from someone who acts like (no offense intended for our female members) a woman three days away from her period. Christ, take a breather, would you.

Rags

------------------
                Which one is Floyd, and why isn't he Pink???

Comment

**** you too
                  I should be pissed I spent $200 for this card. And I never got any decent 3D out of it ever. Except for 3D screen savers which look like shit anyways. I've been looking into other cards as well. I am see'ing the same kind of bugs in the ICD for RC3 that I saw in NT4, lagging of mouse and keyboard in quake II, probelsm with lightmaps. Same exact shit. If you don't like my complaints then don't ****ing read them. Cool first time I ****ed flamed someone too

Comment

MJ12: I heard it on this website and on IRC from #opengl on efnet. Thing is I hear it all around for good part of the year. That other person that I flamed since he flamed me is probably a matrox employee that I angered Since I paid for this product I have the right to be mad about stuff that never gets completed.

Comment

No, you should be pissed because you are an ignoramous. Why on earth would you purchase a 200 dollar card to play games on an OS that the company who made said card doesn't claim support (yet) for said OS??? Why on Earth would you purchase said card for gaming in NT, when you KNEW that NT OpenGL gaming is sub-par with that card???? If you want to play your games right now, go out and spend 80 dollars on Win98 and play your ****ing games, or get over it.

Rags

PS, I do not work for Matrox, but I do know what I need to play games, and it isn't NT.

------------------
                      Which one is Floyd, and why isn't he Pink???

[This message has been edited by Rags (edited 08 December 1999).]

Comment

OK...this one ain't going anywhere but downhill in a hurry.

Galvin- if you want to whine...er...express your opinions, take it to the Soap Box forum. This forum is for discussing Hardware/driver issues, not speculating on Matrox's employee history, or torching the company. If you have something inteligent to say about Matrox Hardware without flame baiting like you did, feel free to post it here.

-------------
                        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Working...
                        X