Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I´ve tried everything but still got great problems. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I´ve tried everything but still got great problems. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Hello!!!!!

I´ve got great problems running my system with the G400 32MB SH. I´ve got a Terratec Xlerate soundcard and my G400 SH in my system. So everytime i start to play an mpeg video (to this point all is ok, the video is playing, sound is playing ....) and then click at the menu my whole systems hangs. The same with Quake3 or other OpenGL games. I can play for a while and then.... bumh it hangs. When i turn off the busmastering of the G400 all work fine. When i disable the soundcard or use an other graphic card(my old G200) all work fine.
    It´s the same with all Matroxdriver(5.30, 5.22). I also tried the aureal reference drivers, the same prob. I think there is no problem with the IRQ´s cause the G400 is on 9 and the Xlerate is on 11.
    I use a MSI-6167 mobo, 300W power supply and 8ns RAM.
    So i hope that anyone have got a idea, i´am out of them. :-(((

Geez...Are all the Athlon systems out there such a pain? I have no real idea besides reloading the VIA chipset drivers...maybe someone else who has battled the G400/Athlon combo can help out...

Post detailed system specs...

Comment

8ns RAM, isn't that PC-66 RAM?? Shouldn't the MSI-6167 run with PC-100 RAM (7ns/6ns) at least??

Jorden.
      Jordâ„¢

Comment

Thomas,
        Please post up you entire system specs (All IRQ's, hardware and drivers).

Echo, his mb doesn't have any VIA chips on it.

Jordi, standard PC100 is 8ns. PC66 is normally 10ns.
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

I've been having the same problem with my system so I just run it without busmastering and all is fine (except that it is SLOW and pisses me off). I thought this was just a compatability problem with the video card and the mobo. If anyone knows otherwise, let both Thomas Sempf and I know please. Here are stats if they help:

0 System timer
          1 Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural Keyboard
          2 Programmable interrupt controller
          3 Communications Port (COM2)
          4 Communications Port (COM1)
          5 Creative Ensoniq AudioPCI
          5 ALi PCI to USB Open Host Controller
          5 IRQ Holder for PCI Steering
          5 IRQ Holder for PCI Steering
          6 Standard Floppy Disk Controller
          7 Printer Port (LPT1)
          8 System CMOS/real time clock
          9 (free)
          10 Linksys LNE100TX Fast Ethernet Adapter
          10 IRQ Holder for PCI Steering
          11 Matrox Millennium G400 DualHead - English
          11 IRQ Holder for PCI Steering
          12 PS/2 Compatible Mouse Port
          13 Numeric data processor
          14 Primary IDE controller (single fifo)
          14 Standard Dual PCI IDE Controller
          15 Secondary IDE controller (single fifo)
          15 Standard Dual PCI IDE Controller
          ------------------------------------------
          IWILL XA100 mobo
          AMD K-6 300
          196 megs RAM (unsure of the speed, 100, I think)
          G400 MAX (not a MAX with my hardware yet... )
          6 gig hd
          20 gig hd
          Toshiba DVD player with REALMagic Hollywood Card (not installed currently)
          32X Sony CD-ROM
          Linksys 10/100 NIC
          OLD Creative Sound Card (Ensonique Audio PCI I think)
          250 ps
          NOTHING IS OVERCLOCKED
          "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
          --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Comment

Ok, thank you for the replies. :-))
            So, i tried another thing. When i use an other sound card all function perfect.
            So my system looks like this:

IRQ´s:
            00 Systemzeitgeber
            01 Keyboardcontroller
            02 Interupt-Controller
            03 COM2
            04 COM1
            05 TeraTrec Xlerate SoundBlaster Pro Emulation
            06 floppy disk controller
            07 LPT1
            08 CMOS-/Echtzeituhr(clock)
            09 IRQ-Holder for PCI
            09 Matrox Millenium G400
            10 IRQ-Holder for PCI
            10 AMD 756 PCI USB
            11 IRQ-Holder for PCI
            11 TeraTec Xlerate PCI SoundCard
            12 PS/2 Mouse
            13 Numeric Coprocessor
            14 AMD-756 BusMaster IDE Controller V1.24
            14 Primary Bus Master IDE controller
            15 AMD-756 BusMaster IDE Controller V1.24
            15 Secondary Bus Master IDE controller

Hm, look good to me(Sorry for the phrases in german).

Drivers:
            G400 Matrox PD 5.41
            Xlerate 4.06.1187

I hope it will help you.

Comment

8ns RAM is 100 Mhz Ram. 10ns would be used for 66 Mhz systems.

------------------
              Reach me on MS Messenger as everettes@hotmail.com
              PIII550, Intel SE440BX-2, 3 x 128 Kingston PC100CAS2 ECC, 2940U2W, Seagate Cheetah, Voodoo3 3000, G400-32 SH, Plextor 8\20, Plextor 40Max, Pioneer 303s, SBLive!, MS FFPro, Altec Lansing ACS-48, Sony CDP 520GS

PIII600EB, CC820, 256Megs, 2940U2W, Seagate Cheetah,G400-32 SH, Plextor 8\20, Plextor 40Max, SBLive!, MS FFPro, Altec Lansing ACS-48, Sony CDP 520GS

Comment

Hi,

I think I had the same problem, and I think it was because ACPI was (silently) also on IRQ 9. I freed a low IRQ by disabling COM1 and COM2, my G400 has been happily running on IRQ4 for ages now. (Although many people would say that it should not run on that low IRQ...)

M.

------------------
                Athlon500/MSI6167/64M(!)/10GIBM/6GSamsung/1GSCSI IBM/AHA2940/CL2xDVD/FastMM2+MJPEG/HPPSScanner/HPPSPrinter/G400DH32M/ZIP100SCSI/Mitsumi2xCD-R/Samsung17GL/MX300/AKA Electric Classic
                year2000:Athlon500/MSI6167/256M/10GIBM/6GSamsung/18GSCSI IBM/CL2xDVD/RR-G/HPPSPrinter/G400DH32M/DeltaDC995/MX300/ADSPyro1394/AHA2940UW/3comXL100

Comment

Actually 10ns ram is 100MHz and 8ns is 125MHz.

AlgoRhythm

Comment

AlgoRythm, thats math talking. Not specs.

------------------
                    Reach me on MS Messenger as everettes@hotmail.com
                    PIII550, Intel SE440BX-2, 3 x 128 Kingston PC100CAS2 ECC, 2940U2W, Seagate Cheetah, Voodoo3 3000, G400-32 SH, Plextor 8\20, Plextor 40Max, Pioneer 303s, SBLive!, MS FFPro, Altec Lansing ACS-48, Sony CDP 520GS

PIII600EB, CC820, 256Megs, 2940U2W, Seagate Cheetah,G400-32 SH, Plextor 8\20, Plextor 40Max, SBLive!, MS FFPro, Altec Lansing ACS-48, Sony CDP 520GS

Comment

DOH!! What was I thinking? AMD 750 chipset....must have VIA 133A on the brain...

I remember fighting these issues with the SIS-G200 combo. Ah...those were the days...

Thomas...still early in the game. Watch for new drivers for the vid card-chipset-soundcard. Or go with another soundcard; if swapping your present one out cures the problem, your computer is trying to tell you something (like my busmaster drivers are immature

Comment

Hello Meek.

Try the Matrox Diagnostic from the Powerdesk.
                        Does the Busmastering function??
                        Everytime i´ve got my G400 on irq 4 or 5, the driver turns off the busmastering.
                        And then the graphic card is very slow :-((

Comment

Thomas, the vid card is supposed to be slower without busmastering. It takes off somewhere between %30 to %50 of performance when disabled.
                          "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
                          --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Comment

Thomas, the vid card is supposed to be slower without busmastering. It takes off somewhere between %30 to %50 of performance when disabled.
                            --- Albert Einstein

Comment

To find out the speed of your ram you can use this formula : 1000/x where x is the n/sec of your ram. 1000/8=125 1000/7=143 1000/6=166 1000/5=200

------------------
                              PIII450@558, ABIT BX6-2, 256RAM, G400MAX, SBLIVE
                              According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Working...
                              X