My G400 Dual Head is Dead now what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My G400 Dual Head is Dead now what?

I Get 1 long beep and then 3 short beeps from two seperate Motherboards. I got it OEM can i send it back? Its been about three monthes that i have had it.

You need to ask whoever you bought it from that question. Each reseller has their own policies...
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

I got the solution you are looking for

It seems as though the G400 cards are a bit mis-aligned with some motherboards and case.

I had the same problem.

The way to fix this is to make sure that the card is ALL THE WAY IN the AGP slot. Try pushing the card in all the way and DO NOT put in the screw that holds the card in. Try starting the computer until it boots properly (trust me it will once the card is all the way in the AGP slot).

Then once you got your comp to boot properly most likely the card will be so mis-aligned with the case that the screw won't even be able to be put back in. So take the card out and bend the bracket just a bit and then put it back in WITHOUT SCREWING it in until your comp boots up properly.

Keep doing this until you have the bracket of the card bent enough that the card fits all the way into the AGP slot and the screw fits as well.

Trust me the only problem you are having is that you are aligning the card to the case and not the AGP slot. I bet the back end of the connectors are way out of the slot

Hope this helps. If not e-mail me at platinm@hotmail.com
      Athlon 500MHz @ 750MHz 1/3
      G400 32 meg Dual-Head Vanilla @ 160.2/200.25 (400.5, 2.5/2.0/2.5)

Comment

....or try it in the mainboard, when it's NOT in the case, then you can be sure it's all the way in!

------------------
        Cheers,
        Steve

"The chances of anything coming from Mars, are a million-to-one", he said.

Comment

Working...
        X