Win2k G400 Beta Version 5.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win2k G400 Beta Version 5.0

Anyone had a problem with getting a blank display when Win2k starts up, after installing this driver ? I'm running an AMD K6-III/450, PA-2013 (version 2.0) motherboard and OEM G400 16MB Graphics card. I can get the NT4 G400 driver working via the have disk route.

This may not be the same problem that you're having, but every time I boot Win2k I get what appears to be a corrupted "palette". It's not really a palette since I'm in 16-bit color, but that's what the symptoms resemble. Sometimes it appears that the screen is black other times just dark but somewhat readable. Everything is working, just hard to see.

To get the display to reset to the proper colors, I open a "DOS" shell, hit Alt-Enter to put in full screen, then switch back to the desktop.

FWIW, every 3D game I've played using software rendering (my only real choice since the beta Win2k drivers don't work for me) had the same corrupted display symptoms.

Comment

Does the blank screen happen during install, Or once the install has complete?.
      I only have a g200, but for some reason the screen went blank during install, I moved the mouse and it came back(screen saver working durng install?).
      PS got quite a few games working using W2k. including quake 2(opengl), AOE2(directx),homeworld(directx).

Comment

I was having similar problems with W2K and the new 5.0 drivers from Matrox for the G400 Max. Install went well, vga driver perfect. And even using the earlier 4.9 driver resulted in a beautiful display. However, after installing the 5.0 powerdesk, my screen garbles after logon and only after I do something, move the mouse or hit a key. This disturbed me. Since I have a dual boot config, I was able to revert back to win98 and remove all the mga drivers from the win2k partition and edit the registry (in text mode, very confusing). Then two days of e-mails, and phone calls to friends, colleagues, matrox, and asus (mb manuf.). Finally figured out that my matrox was having a problem with my latest bios version! I even remember this happening in win 98 when shutdown would freeze. I actually had to revert back one bios version. Everything much better now.
        The lesson: don't just blame the video card.

Comment

hrm.. really weird, i see alot of posts of ppl having problems with the new win2k beta drivers, but i've been having no problems at all

i currentl am running win2k rc3 (2183)
          matrox g400 max with svideo tvoutputted to TV on DH clone.
          sb live oem value.
          win2k 5.0 beta drivers

so far most games work right, although sb live was a bitch to get working!

Comment

bacid, you have opengl games working and using opengl ? like quake 3 ? what about the
            openGL screen savers ? Rob_b

------------------
            pentium II @300mhz
            intel 440lx pci chipset
            64mb memory, g400max,
            cybervision C70 monitor
            dual boot: win2000 from a maxtor 8.4 gb, win95 from a maxtor 4.3 gb
            pentium III @550mhz
            intel 440BX pci chipset
            512mb memory, g400max,
            cybervision C70 monitor
            win2000 on maxtor 8.4 gb