Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win98 Quick Launch Toolbar and 5.41 Drivers

I've a "strange behaviour" of my Win 98 Quick Launch Toolbar:

any changes I do to icons (Large, Small, Position change) are done but only until next reboot; when I reboot Win98, Icons appearance and position come bach to the ones I had before installing 5.41 Drivers
    (on G400 MAX DH). Only new Icons added are kept on the Quick Launch Toolbar, in the last right position.

Of course I've checked and unchecked all options on the Advanced Properties Panel.

For info, The Desktop Icons "behaviour" is "normal".

Has somebody experienced a similar problem?

The problem seems really related to 5.41 drivers, because on another identical Pc, but with 5.30 Drivers, all is ok.

Thanks for any support

Lorenzo
    Italy

Update:

I've done a check both on MS Knowledge Base and directly (by phone) with MS Tech Support:
    they don't have any known issue on Quick Launch Toolbar and their feeling is that the problem is due to Video Drivers (5.41).

Lorenzo
    Italy

Comment

Well in the past I've seen some strange things happening with icons on the desktop. I.e Icons constantly marching down the screen on each reboot until they drop of the bottom when they will return on the top. That machine broke so I never had a chance to look into that. Earlier versions I had to manually posistion icons slighly before they would stay put. But with powerdesk ver 5.41 everything seems okay.
      The only thing I can suggest is you make sure that Automatically save and restore desktop icons is ticked. Then if they still moving around etc try moving them slightly. Perhaps Haig has a suggestion.
      Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
      X