Screen shortly turns black when DVDMax becomes active

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screen shortly turns black when DVDMax becomes active

Each time some video content is played (AVI, DVD, etc) and DVDMax is activated the monitor screen turns black for half a second or so. In some cases this is very anoying like for example when the video window is resized. Only solution I have found to avoid the flickering is by disabling the dualhead and only switching it on when I need it (=when watching DVD's). What I would like to understand is why this happens and, if possible, how the flicker can be avoided.

Assuming the flicker can't be avoided due to hardware design it would be nice to have a simple menu option in the PowerDesk taskbar item that enables/disables DVDMax...

Check your DualHead options. You probably have both 'Use DualHead Clone' and 'Use DualHead DVDMax' selected.

Disable the Clone option, leaving only the DVDMax option selected and you should be fine.

The blanking is because the G400 is switching back-and-forth between clone mode and DVDMax mode when video windows are opened and closed.

Comment

Thanks! Disabled clone and blanking was gone. Still don't understand why the primary display goes blank while switching modes on the dualhead but for now I can do without clone. Maybe a Matrox insider can shed a little light on this...

Comment

Working...
      X