Where has my Text Mode gone to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where has my Text Mode gone to?

I've got this wierd problem since last night. I'm using a G200 and when I powered up, I didn't see the boot up sequence but eventually Windows did show up. Similarly, I got only blank screen when I tried to start a DOS prompt. I reinstalled the 5.30 driver and it didn't help.

Anyone has idea what the problem is? I'm not ready to upgrade yet (what with all those rumors flying) but if worst comes to worst, I'd probably downgrade to my old MII (if it's only a Video card problem).

Sounds like another dead BIOS.
    Go here for recovery instructions...
    http://grafi.ii.pw.edu.pl/gbm/matrox/
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Thanks very much for the help although that's the last thing I'd like to hear. :O Since I was NOT messing with the BIOS last night, I'm worried that the chip is dead.

Manual BIOS recovery is no easy task and I don't have a non-Matrox card at hand right now (at least till next month). I might as well put my M II back in and wait for the *next card*. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
      X