Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has the G400 4A model that support AGP 4x ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who has the G400 4A model that support AGP 4x ?

Hello,
    as read on MURC, new G400s can do 4x AGP transfers.

Someone here already has a G400 with 4A in the part number ? If yes, when do you purchased it ?

My G400MAX of august is not 4A, sigh.

Don't feel bad. Mine's not 4X capable either (compatible, though- as is those of everyone). It doesn't really matter too much to me though. By the time I get a true 4X motherboard, memory (133Mhz), and processor to use it on, I'm getting a new video card anyway. That's always the way it has worked for me- update the major components all at once, the minor ones (larger hdd, faster CD/DVD, etc.) a little at a time.

------------------
    Ace
    "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
    Gainward Ti4600
    AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

My G400Max is a true AGP 4x tranfers capable model

Won't make much difference to me though, as I have no intention of removing it from the AGP 2x motherboard its current plugged in to.

Comment

I can see poeple with the latest Via and Intel chipsets running off to check there G400. Then firing up pcilist etc to see if there running AGP x4.
        Is there someone out doing this?
        Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I'm so disappointed!

My g400 MAX card is "G4+MMDHA32G"

I bought a MAX because I want the MAX speed possible with a MATROX board (alough I've suffered, in past, for G200 ICD gosths)

Anyone can know what is the performance gain on from this board and a TRUE AGP 4x mode board obviously on a AGP 4x system? system
          <b><i><font size="+1">Zanna.</font></i></b>
          <p><b><font size="-2"><hr>Current Config: Asus P4C800 Deluxe / Intel Pentium 4c 3.2 Ghz - 800 Mhz Bus / Dual 512Mb DDR 400 Ram (1Gb) / Matrox Millennium G400Max /&nbsp;&nbsp;Sound Blaster Audigy 2 /&nbsp; Western Digital WD2500JB: 250 Gb-7.2Krpm-8MBcache! / Superfloppy LS120 /&nbsp;Yamaha CRW-F1e /&nbsp;LG&nbsp;52x CDROM /&nbsp;Dual Boot 98se / W2k</font></b></p>

Comment

By the time you can afford a i820+RDRAM, you'll be using Matrox G600 w/ real AGP4x

Mine isn't 4X either but I just gave that to my sister w/ a dual sl2w8..

I'm saving my $$$ for some reasonable 1GHz / AGP4x / UDMA99/100 within 2-3 month...

Comment

From the card packaging:

"Compatible with AGP 4x and AGP 2x systems *"

THEN, IN SMALL CHARACTERS:

"* Millennium G400MAX is compatible with AGP 4X and 2X motherboards and will achieve peak AGP transfer rates of 532 MB/sec. ""

OK. AGP is 66Mhz * 32 bits = 266 Mb/sec, then I think AGP2X = 532 Mb/sec, AGP4X = 1064 Mb/sec.

This is true, and Matrox have taked any possible precaution!!

My next question is:
              Matrox can't test boards with a non-existant chipset (Camino) but must be these boards can use AGP4X in a future with BIOS revisions or any other kind of choice different from CARD REPLACE ?
              <b><i><font size="+1">Zanna.</font></i></b>
              <p><b><font size="-2"><hr>Current Config: Asus P4C800 Deluxe / Intel Pentium 4c 3.2 Ghz - 800 Mhz Bus / Dual 512Mb DDR 400 Ram (1Gb) / Matrox Millennium G400Max /&nbsp;&nbsp;Sound Blaster Audigy 2 /&nbsp; Western Digital WD2500JB: 250 Gb-7.2Krpm-8MBcache! / Superfloppy LS120 /&nbsp;Yamaha CRW-F1e /&nbsp;LG&nbsp;52x CDROM /&nbsp;Dual Boot 98se / W2k</font></b></p>

Comment

k i dont get it. id my g400 dh agp4x ready?? heres teh part number-

G4+MDHA32GR

is it????
                -p3450@558
                -WD ata66 10.2 5400rpm hd
                -128 micron 8e ram
                -G400 DH vanilla 152c/202/m AWESOME CARD!!
                -Abit BE6 MB
                -SB live value
                -56k best data mach2 modem
                -win98se and win2k
                -inwin q600
                -JBL 4 speakers setup
                -hauppauge wintv/radio/remote/dbx
                -CL DVD 6x w/dxr3
                -Acer 6206A 2x6 CDRW
                -19in KDS monitor
                -Microsoft IntelliExplorer

Comment

None firehawk

i think i has to look like this:
                  G4+MDH4A32GR

------------------
                  PIII 450 @ 464
                  generic BX6 motherboard
                  G400 MAX : )
                  Maxtor 13 gig UDMA 33
                  Maxtor 13 gig UDMA 66
                  Creative 36x CD-ROM
                  HP 2x2x6x CD-RW
                  64 megs PC100 RAM
                  Intel 10/100
                  Soundblaster 32 AWE
                  DiamondMAX 56k
                  Logitech Wireless Desktop (best $50 ive ever spent)
                  1 92mm Sunon Fan
                  4 80mm Sunon Fan's

Comment

May I ask what everyone here is so hyped up about? So your G400 isn't AGp4x, but why do you ask others on here, but for to get humiliated by them who say theirs is?

I think no-one here on these fori, bar Haig maybe , has a Camino board yet. So why do you need AGP4x? Just to show off in front of your friends that you have a AGP4x card, stuck in a mobo that might do AGP2x, but since it's got some bug somewhere you're forced to use AGP1x through the registry hacks?

It might hurt. But get over it. If you have good visuals all over, no problems with your G400 at this time and you can play all of your games, work with all of your apps without so many crashes (most of them are due to Windows anyway), what do you want more?

Sorry, but I don't get it!

Jorden.
                    Jordâ„¢

Comment

YES!
                      I have the 2x version, now I don't have to upgrade my mobo hehe
                      jim

------------------
                      PIII-500mhz @ 620 ! with an Abit BE6 mobo
                      128mb pc-100
                      Mill G400 (YAHOO!!!) 32mb @ 167/208 with MGATweak-417mhz, (2.5, 2, 2.5), PD 5.41 & bios 1.5-22
                      Maxtor 14.3 gb Uata66 hdd
                      SB Live!
                      Winblows 98se & DX7
                      32 lbs. of fans, heatsinks and aluminum ductwork
                      3DMark Result 5954.69 3DMarks
                      Synthetic CPU 3D Speed 9325.69 CPU 3DMarks
                      Rasterizer Score 2791.72 3DRasterMarks
                      Game 1 - Race 65.07 FPS
                      Game 2 - First Person 54.89 FPS
                      Fill Rate 268.79 MTexels/s

System 1:
                      AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
                      Epox 8K7A
                      2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
                      an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
                      SBLIVE 5.1
                      Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
                      IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
                      Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
                      3Com Hardware Modem
                      Teac 20/10/40 burner
                      Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

This is for you Jorden!

1X 2X 4X

Where's our BOOMSTICK guy! Come on people! Kruzin--it's time for your bi weekly post on the true meaning of AGP2x etc/, the cruelest joke ever played on this industry. NO YOU CAN'T GO TWICE AS FAST!

Get over it guys, "it aint the size of the sea, but the motion in the ocean."

As a former stereo salesman/high end audiophile, this kind of discussion is so very, very reminiscent of the poor saps who would waltz into my store in perpetual search of the latest/greatest specs. Poor saps could never understand that specs don't tell the tale, and I did my duty and separated them from their money. I've got a home stereo constructed entirely out of these poor saps' castoffs, and it is unbelievable beautiful sound!

Guys! LOOK at the screen in front of you! SEEN anything out there better? With your EYES?

Just a poor sap who appreciates quality over quantity. 4X means NOTHING!--nobody has written software to support it, and when they do, IT WON'T MATTER TO YOU!

[This message has been edited by Bixler (edited 21 December 1999).]
                        Greebe's juiced up Athlon @750 on an MSI Irongate Based M/B Marvel G200 TV with HW/DVD Daughtercard,
                        CDBurner, Creative DVD, two big WD Hdds, Outboard 56K modem
                        Parallel Port Scanner, Creative S/B AWE 64 (ISA), and a new Logitech WebCam (My first USB device)

Comment

hehe, nice
                          jim
                          System 1:
                          AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
                          Epox 8K7A
                          2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
                          an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
                          SBLIVE 5.1
                          Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
                          IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
                          Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
                          3Com Hardware Modem
                          Teac 20/10/40 burner
                          Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

It doesn't matter what I say.
                            People will see a buzzword like 4x, and just gotta have it.

Never mind they can't see the diff from 1x to 2x now.
                            Never mind they will never see the difference in the next 3 gens of software.
                            Never mind that we don't use 1x to it's fullest right now as it is.
                            Never mind that the RAM in the G400 doesn't have the bandwidth to fully utilize 4x transfers.

It's 4x. So it MUST be better!

Does anyone else wonder why Matrox made this subtle change so quietly? Could it be because they know it means almost nothing in reality, and they don't pump their hype up everyone's ass like NVIDA?

You know if this was something NVIDA did, it would have been an entirely new product that they would have forced on their blind followers.

Just suck it up people. If it's a 2x or 4x model, it's still THE SAME CARD. You will NEVER see the difference in REAL apps or games.
                            Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

I'm reminded of the film Spinal Tap.

"But this one goes to eleven."

Paul
                              paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

Working...
                              X