Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 MAX using mga64.dll,sys???

Ghost in the machine?

Im using G400MAX w NT4.0(Sp5,Dx5) on a PII400(320MB RAM), QDI BrilliantBX1 mobo. Thats the setup...

When I took a look in the registry there are some entitys that are puzzeling me, perhaps you got the answer:

*mga64.sys,.dll (v.4.00, 4.0.15) appears as the video drivers... according to NT diag. too.
    Why this puzzels me is because I had a G100 (mga64 drivers) before I took a giant leap onto G400...

*In LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CONTROLSET001/CONTROL/.../LEGACY_MGA64 the device is described as "Matrox Marvel G200" - What is this then!!!

*In LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CONTROLSET001/SEVICES I find a MGA_MIL entity, however empty.. But the MGA64 is filled with info.. drivers--> mga64.dll etc..

PD(4.34) says what it's supposed to say = everything is allright, versions etc.. (note that this is the only place where ALL things are allright)

Regarding OGL there seems to be no problem, using Quake2 is no problem or any OGL based program (LightWave,Bryce etc..), GLversions are the same as in PD, no problem in REG either where G400icd.gll is pointed as OGL driver.

DualHead works (as well it can in NT).

So, am I making all this fuzz for nothing? It works doent it? I'm pleased with the card, specially the colors.. but as with everything else, NOT knowing ,makes you searching for the answer... Perhaps the answer is good enough, not nessessarily boosting performance...

My solution is to switch to windows-vga and manually remove ALL MGA related entitys in REG aswell as drivers and PD.

But before I do that I wonder if anyone got any ideas?

Thanks
    GriZZly

Okey... the mga64.dll is a multidriver, i.e. supports the entire Millennium/Mystiqe product line... Looking into mg64.dll gives you the correct ver.nr. aswell...

Perhaps a re-install is not the only way out..

A dumb title of topic eeh? Not that intelligent...... well u LIVE AND LEARN!

[This message has been edited by GriZZly (edited 25 December 1999).]

[This message has been edited by GriZZly (edited 25 December 1999).]

Comment

I guess that what's left of this topic is why "Marvel G200" appears as the LEGACY_MGA?

Comment

Working...
      X