Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dual Head looking not so good on second monitor...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual Head looking not so good on second monitor...

I got another monitor to add to my dual-head setup to replace my TV. The new monitor is the same exact model as the other monitor. The screen, however, looks like crap. The whites aren't white, they are a brownish color and the refresh sucks. I was thinking that maybe there was something wrong with the monitor, but when I looked at the display properties for my main monitor it reports that it's using a 300mhz DAC which is correct because I don't have the MAX. When I look under the display properties for the other monitor, it reports a 135mhz DAC. Is this normal? Is the dual-head just this bad? Or is there something wrong in my setup?

Thanks in advance!!

David

It's normal that you get that report on the RAMDAC. The second head does not run off the main 300MHz RAMDAC, but off of a separate (135MHz) one built into the Maven chip.

As far as the quality, I've been quite pleased with how it looks on my second monitor. No, it's not quite as crisp as the primary, but it does work well for me.

Could be that you just need to tweak the settings on the second monitor. Any color calibration you did on the primary monitor is not carried over to the secondary. Any color adjustments to the secondary need to be done with the monitor itself, rather than Powerdesk, as the Maven chip does not allow for this type of calibration...
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Working...
    X