No announcement yet.

Crash on shutdown with Win98

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'd rather find other ways. That isn't very much memory for AGP to work with. But if that suits someone else, that's fine with me.

Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

I had the same exact problem as you. It typically happened with 5.30 after I installed the drivers (clean install of windows).

By moving to 5.41 & installing the shutdown supplement for Windows, I don't have the problem anymore. I didn't have to monkey with the AGP size or anything.

I'd suggest get a clean updated install of windows and then back it up. I agree it's a pain to re-install & re-update it.

Of course, make sure your board isn't sharing an IRQ, blah, blah, blah...

Also, I haven't re-installed the 4in1 drivers because they seem to cause a GPF in VXD on shutdown quite often. If I can run without them, I won't install them.

------------------
      PIII @ 550
      IWill Motherboard
      VIA Chipset
      128Meg
      G400 DH 32MB (5.41 Drivers)
      DirectX 7.0
      SB Live! Value
      8x DVD (Toshiba)
      6x4x24 CDRW (Sony)
      Optiquest V95 19"
      Surround Sound w/two subwoofers
      PIII 550@605
      IWill Motherboard VD133
      VIA Chipset
      512MB PC133 CAS2 Crucial
      G400 DH 32MB (6.51 Drivers)
      DirectX 8.0a
      SB Live! Value
      8x DVD (Toshiba)
      6x4x24 CDRW (Sony)
      Intel Pro/100+ NIC
      3Com CMX Cable Modem
      Optiquest V95 19"
      HP 812C Color Ink Jet
      Microtek flatbed scanner
      Intellimouse Explorer
      Surround Sound w/two subwoofers
      AND WAY TOO MANY GAMES!!!

Comment

According to VIA's web page, if you're running 98SE you should not install the 4-in-1. Only the AGP driver.
        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Working...
        X