Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 2000 (2195) + WinDVD 2000 + G400 DH in DVDMax = No no :(

Hi all,

Has anyone tried installing WinDVD 2000 (WinDVD version 2.0) on Windows 2000 Pro build 2195 ?? I got it working (although it's a bit slower than on Windows 98) but it crashes when I activate DVDMax on my Dual Head G400. I mean, that's nescessary to display DVD on my TV right? Like I said, it worked great in Win98 but in W2K I get a bit of green in the lower part of the screen (TV) and then a 'nice' blue screen appears, totally crashing the system - reboot. Yummie eh! Not! But seriously, just DVD clone won't display the DVD pixels onto my TV screen.

Anyway, I personally think it's Matrox's beta driver (5.00) that's causing the problem. Can anyone confirm this? And/or does anyone know how to get this fixed?

Thanks!
    Mark

ABIT ZM6, Celeron 400, 128MB RAM, 9.1GB HD, HP8100i, AOpen 9632 DVD, G400 DH16, SBLive! + digital I/O, Windows 2000 Professional Final (build 2195).

The Matrox W2K driver is still in beta, and, I from what I understand, the Dual Head feature in not fully implemented.

I'm impressed that you got any DVD software program, with any board, working with W2K. I haven't tried yet, but a lot of people seem to be having far more serious problems.

Paul
    paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

What I would like to know is how the hell he got win2k to play DVD's at all.

I've been through 2 version of WinDVD 2000 and the latest PowerDVD, and the latest Cinemaster, and NONE of the work. Cinemaster wont even play, WinDVD sits there playing sound once every 10s wiht no picture and PowerDVD plays in bursts whihc makes it totaly unwatch able.

Comment

I have both WinDVD2000 and PowerDVD 2.5 installed under WIN2000 Pro 2195.
        Both run smoothly but helas no dualhead yet.
        WinDVD is running perfect on highest resolution and 32 bitcolor, for Powerdvd i have to switch back on step to 1152x864.
        To get it working you need a special version (1.04) of wnaspi32.dll in your system32 map.
        This is the url: http://www.angelfire.com/ak/James636...inaspi2000.zip

Good luck,

Rob

Comment

machine spec:
          ASUS p2b-f (1010 bios)
          adaptec 2940u2w (bios 2.20)
          Toshiba MD1201 DVD Drive (SCSI, Bios R08)
          Yamaha 4416S CDRW drive (bios 1.0h)
          G400 MAX

FSB: 133mhz
          CPU: PII 350 @ 466
          AGp is @ 88 but I have no problems else where, and all is fine in win98se

Comment

Hi

I've W2k 2195 and a working Power DVD 2.5

How did i do it ?

I've installed Easy CD Creator 4.0 Deluxe for my cd recorder and it installed its aspi. Since then Power DVD 2.5 works good.

My DVD-Rom - Creative x5.

------------------
            Sebastian
            Sebastian

Comment

Actually, the DVDMax feature is only supposd to function with Matrox's DVD playing software. Don't blame Matrox's software for you using someone elses that it was not designed to work with.

Comment

tried a new thing today... I ripped one of the files from a DVD using DeCSS and then tried to play just the VOB file, and WinDVD did exactly the same.

GRRRR

Comment

Working...
                X