No announcement yet.

G400 Cinemaster SP/DIF Dolby 5.1 Probs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the original (and I mean I bought it the weekend it came out) SB Live! Full retail box. I also have to older 5.1 theater speakers from Cambridge (I guess they are the FPS 1500's). When I was using my Hollywood+/Dxr3 decoder I could pass through a complete, non-downsampled AC-3 signal to my SB Live! daughtercard. The Dolby Digital light lite up on the decoder box and all 6 channels worked fine (except the sub which sucks).

I have not tried to get AC-3 to work since I took out my Dxr3, but I will give it a try tonight. As for the Digital daughter card that you can buy from Creative, I got one for a computer I built for someone. It works just great and passes a digital AC-3 signal flawlessly. So if you want a fairly inexpensive digital card get it.

Jammrock

------------------
    PIII 450@504, 256 MB RAM, 35 GB total w/ WD Experts, Abit UDMA 66 controller, CL 6x DVD, PLEXTOR 8x4x32 ATAPI CD-RW (my newest toy), G400 32 MB DH, SB Live! w/ Digital I/O, LinkSys Etherfast 10/100, DSI 56k modem, Addtronics 6896A Case w/ a crap load of fans and Dynmat noise dampening, MAG DX715T monitor.

Hi, my name is Jammrock. I'm a computer phreak and an EverCrack addict.
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Just for another option, (& no flames please, I'm NOT saying it's better), my Xitel Storm toslink out does perfect 5.1 with my Dolby Digital reciever.

Comment

The spdif on my live is a standard RCA digital jack, just like a regular composite video cable uses. I have exactly the same kind of jack on my receiver, so a standard video cable works just fine for the digital audio.
        Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Working...
        X