Matrox G400 Driver for Win 2K professional

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox G400 Driver for Win 2K professional

I think I am going to pull out my hair, my G400 dual head can't seems to work properly in the Win2K professional 2195 Built suppose RTM.

I installed the drivers from matrox site, v5.00.7 and it's always not able to detect the card properly, always running in VGA adapter mode.

I have this configuration

MSI 6120N - Dual CPU
    PII450 x 2
    128MB Micron Ram
    Matrox Dual Head G400 32MB
    Adaptec 2940
    Yamaha CRW2260
    Soundblaster Live

Please HELP!!!!!.. It's not a desirable day...

Out of interest, and not related to your question...

Are you having speed problems with 2195 and your setup? My display is fine, but something is causing the maching to slow down HORRENDOUSLY. I was of the understanding that dual CPU's and SBLive! was a problem with W2K so was wondering whether yours works.

My system, is

Dual P3-500
    512Mb
    G400Max
    SBLive!
    .....and a whole host of other shit.
    Hardware Spec:

Dual P3-500 on QDI BX Mobo with onboard UW SCSI and 100Mb LAN
    512Mb DRAM
    5 x 4.5Gb UW SCSI HDD's
    Matrox Millennium G400 Max
    SBLive!
    AOpen 10X DVD
    AOpen 48X CDRom
    Yamaha CDRW 4616Scsi
    Plextor 16X SCSI CD
    HP 4/8Gb DAT
    LS120 and ZIP
    Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 2020u 22" Monitor
    NEC Multisync XV15+ Monitor
    Microsoft DSS80
    Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer
    Microsoft Natural Kayboard Pro

Comment

There are a couple of ways to install the drivers in W2K. If memory serves me correctly, I extracted the files into their own directory and ran the setup program. If you tried the "inf" method, and it didn't work for you, you should try running the setup program in VGA mode.

Conversely, if you ran the setup program, and it didn't work for you, you might want to try installing from Display Properties, although I don't know how this will effect your PowerDesk install.

If you tried both, and nothing worked, maybe you should pull the Soundblaster Live, run the setup program, and see what happens. Also, and this is a long shot, make sure "Assign IRQ to VGA" is enabled in your BIOS.

We seen instances of the G400 not being recognized in Windows 98 when there are drivers from old video boards present. Are you working from a clean install, or did you have another board in there. (I don't know if this is an issue with W2K, but we might as well find out.)

Paul
      paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

Working...
      X