G400 Max Bleeping Sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 Max Bleeping Sound

New to this forums , hope that someone can help with my problem.

I just bought an G400 Max , after installing all the necessary latest driver and Matrox own DvD player software. Everything was working fine.

Than I install the MGI SoftwareDvd Max , during the installation there was some promt. on error but I did not notice what it said and I just re-set my computer as usual. Nightmare started straight away , on re-booting my screen was dead blank with bleeping sound. That was the last time I see my G400 Max card working.
    I plug back my old i740 card and re-boot , standard post images start appearing and into Win98 (Before I install the G400 , all i740 driver were deleted). This show that all my items are still working fine. I un-install the MGI software and still the same problem , I started to do a few testing including plugging out each cards to test the boot-up and all fail to give life back to my G400 MAX.
    I suspect the G400 Max bios may be corrupted (Can this happen ??? Just because installing programs ???) so I follow the flashing instruction and was promt. the "VGA Disabled - BIOS V1.15" and "VBExt Utility V1.2" was not install.
    How do I go about this problem ?

I really don't like taking stuff back, and if I do, and the same thing happens, I feel like a total idiot. But Norman, if I were you, I'd return it for a new board. That should not have happened.

Paul
    paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

The point is , this is the second G400 Max that I got for the one to one exchange. The shop told me to bring down my whole system to the shop for trouble shooting but due to working hours and holiday I may not possible bring my computer to the shop until next one or two weeks.
      It was the same problem with the 1st card , put in the card and with blank screen and bleeping sound.

Comment

Hi,
        Put in your old videocard.
        go in your bios setup.
        change aperture size to 256 (default on some motherboards is 64 , at least mine was)
        This solved the problem for most of us with the same symptoms.
        Is 's very annoying, everytime when i flash my bios i have to put in my old videocard first to be able to put the aperture size to 256.

Comment

Make sure you seat the card properly. It also does sound like your Bios has got fried as well. Does the card still bleep by the way.
          Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Hi Norman,

What motherboard are you using and how much memory do you have???

Paul
            "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

My mobo is MSI 6163 Pro with 256 MB of PC100 ram.
              By the way , how can the bios been fried ? I did not o/c the G400 Max at all ?
              The only thing that I o/c is the celeron 300a to 450 mhz even without changing any voltage.

Comment

Anybody can advise how do I re-install the VBEXT.EXE file ? Without this the computer cannot detect my G400 Max card.
                I tried re-installing from the supplied CD-Rom , follow step by step but the VBEXT.EXE still cannot be activated.
                When I go to "UBiosWin.exe" it promt me that PBios Utility couldn't be opened. Any ideas how to go about ?

Comment

Working...
                X