HELP - MatroxDVD not playing DVD movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP - MatroxDVD not playing DVD movies

Are you running at a high resolution? If so, then try lowering it to 1024x768x32bit and see if that fixes your problem.

No...If you are running at to high res/color depth, you'll get a "not enough memory" error.

Usually, "in use by another app" is because DH multi-monitor is enabled. Uncheck the option to "extend desktop" to the secondary monitor...
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Hi, I am also having this problem and have gone to the Display properties and the monitor extend option is grey out and therefore i cannot uncheck. Any way around this ??

-KEV-

Comment

I was getting this error. I went into dualhead settings and turned dhclone off, and turned dvdmax on, and it loaded up fine.
        Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

HELP - MatroxDVD not playing DVD movies

I have just bought a DVD-ROM drive to go with my G400-MAX, but when I try and play movies, I get the following...

"DVD Player loading, please stand by..."

followed by

"Another application is preventing DVD playback".

I have closed all other applications but I always get the same error message.

Software version (cpl) 1,0,0,1010
          softwareDVD 1.0.29.6356

The system is:
          Windows98-SE
          CeleronA @ 450
          Hitachi GD-2500BX DVD-ROM drive
          Matrox G400-MAX (PD 5.30)

Comment

I noticed that the error came back after I rebooted. I went back to dualhead properties, turned of dvdmax, hit apply, turned it back on, and it worked. Must be a weird driver thing...
            Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

I do not have any DH functions turned on - clone or zoom or DVDmax.

I have tried it in high and low (800x600) res.

Should I try the 5.41 drivers?

Comment

Do you by any chance have Creative Live? If so, try upgrading the sound card driver. I had similar problem a few weeks ago and upgrading the driver solved it. Good luck.

Comment

I'm having the same problem. As I'm installing the G400 on a brand new system, I got rid of EVERYTHING, which means that I just have the G400 on the AGP and nothing else either on PCI or EISA (no sound card at all). I tried installing the latest drivers for the 400 (5.41), as well as the latest drivers & BIOS for my supermicro, but it's useless. Of course I tried playing around with the G400 Dual Head settings (as suggested), but with no results.
                  The only interesting thing is that I seem to have exactly the same config as adamhamilton (running on a celeron 450 w/Win98), and I'm getting exactly the same results. At least the stupid thing is consistent.
                  Any idea?

Comment

I don't know if this would cause the problem you guys are having, but are your DVD drives set up as the master of their IDE channel? They should be.
                    Also, make sure DMA is enabled for the drive in device manager.
                    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

I was having this exact same problem with earlier drivers, I tracked the problem down to having DualHead multi-display enabled. Install the latest drivers and see if the problem goes away, if not try enabling DVDMax even if you aren't using it.

Comment

Hi ! Adamhamilton ,

Have you check under the control panel - multimedia - CD Music to select your DvD Rom as the default player ? If you have not select , during playing back of any DvD or VCD it may promt. that another application is preventing DVD playback.
                        Give it a try.

Comment

This error message will appear if you do not have a sound card installed in yoru system or if it is not properly configured (wrong or old drivers, mixer not installed...).

DH, res or color has nothing to do with it.

Comment

The "Another application is preventing DVD playback" is pretty much a universal error message.

If something is wrong - that's the message you get. So the problem might be lack of soundcard drivers, dualhead settings or almost any problems - except, I've never experienced that another application was preventing DVD playback - only settings/driver issues

Comment

I had this prob when my XLerate Soundcard was not yet installed. I installed the drivers and everything was fine.
                              If you can do it then do it...
                              Home system:
                              Asus K7M,Athlon 500, Terratec XLerate, Toshiba 8x DVD, SONY CRX100E CDR, ZIP 100 ATAPI, Terratec TerraTV+, Matrox Millenium G400 DH 32MB, EPSON Stylus Color 740, EPSON Perfection 1200 Photo Scanner, 3Com Fast Etherlink 10/100MBit, Promise Ultra 66, Maxtor 20 GB 5400 RPM, IBM 20 GB DJNA 7200 RPM, Elsa Quickstep 1000 ISDN, 128 MB PC-100 RAM, Logitech WheelMouse, Cherry GDDG81-3000 Keyboard with blue LED´s (looks pretty cool)
                              Windows 98 SE, Caldera Linux 2.3, BeOS 4.5 amdministered by System Commander 4.03

and a SONY F-400 19" FD-Trinitron Monitor.

Comment

Working...
                              X