Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does the g400 do on OpenGL. (for Maya)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does the g400 do on OpenGL. (for Maya)

Hi,
    I was just wondering, is the g400 able to run
    okay with Maya 2? I mean the g400 is great for high-endd 2d stuff but how does it fare on high-end 3d? let me know what your experiences are...

Right.. well, the G400MAX will work okay with Maya 2.x IF you have the latest WinNT drivers. The performance is pretty close to a TNT2 videocard, but you get the advantages of the DualHead (which Really helps in Maya).

If you want to buy a good card that will run Maya very fast, you'll have to get one of the professional videocards for over $1500. Also if you'll be using the G400 with Maya, make sure that you have plenty of RAM. I would recommend at LEAST 256Mb for good performance, but normally you should have 512Mb to do high-polygon work.

I hope this helped.
    P60-120Thz, 256Tb ram, 27.5Pb 225000 RPM HD, 142" .001 dot pitch monitor @ 30720x23040x64, Matrox G24000 w/512Gb, SB UltraLive2, DX120 beta, Win2112 SP4. Hey -- beta testers have their advantages...

Comment

thanks for the info. good to hear that the g400 is capable of running maya, because i heard that the opengl wasnt 100% certified.
      well, i have 128mb ram at the moment so i'm getting a 256mb block pretty soon.

Comment

Actually as seen with Unreal and Unreal tournament. it is good to set your aperture to 256MB for AGP graphics. If you have sufficient ram you will not get a performance hit. Otherwise you may get texture corruption.

Comment

Working...
        X