New G400 DH on SS7....now what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New G400 DH on SS7....now what?

Hi all.. Like the subject above, kinda lost right now as what I should do to optimize the card, any input would be most helpful..

Currently, it is running fine and dandy at AGP 1x and 128 Mb AGP Aperture, even got it all in an IRQ of its own (IRQ 11)

..not sure what to do to check whether or not bus mastering is enabled/disabled?

What abt MGA Tweak? Am a little hesitant in overclocking my vanilla G400 because it did not come with a fan of any sort. I have though, one of those PCI card fans sucking the heat out just below of it, anyone overclocked their vanilla without any fans attached? ..Still reading through the pdf document that came with MGA Tweak, but at first glance, did not seem really helpful.

What good programs are out there which can run benchmarks?

Also, any other feedback to optimise my g400 would be most helpful.. Thanks!

Hi,

Just by curiosity, why do you want to optimize it? It's not fast enough right now?

Z

Comment

Well, yeah.. Things start to lag whenever I've a lot of action go on as I play the Expendable demo that came with it. Tried running Microsoft's Age of Empires2 at high res, even scaling the map is slightly jerky.

Havent got the time to try out Q3 yet though, but am not having too high a hope on it being playable unless I set the video opts to way low.

Things look good on the 2d side of things though..

Comment

Before you start optimizing, make sure to install all the needed stuff (GART driver in particular). Visit my website for installation guide.

Comment

Working...
        X