Failing FAN on G400MAX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Failing FAN on G400MAX

You may have seen this in another thread, but i'm posting here so maybe a matrox person may see it...

I've had a G400MAX for ~3 weeks now, and the fan has 'failed'. When I say 'failed' I mean it works some times but not all. It works Fine when verticle (eg the fan is on it's side) but when it's upside down, it fails after ~15mins. If I take the fan off the heatsink (but still powered by the card) and put it upside down, it's OK, no problems at all. I've also currently got it mounted ~.5 - .75cm above the heatsink on some mounts, and it was working fine there, but today i've been pounding it really badly (with the one application that can do that, q3), and it's gone again, and it now only going round very slowly, and will nodoubt stop very soon. I've contacted matrox support about a replacement fan, and they dont do them, i've got to take it to my retailer to get a new card. But they are my retailer, and I cant be without this card for what most likely will be weeks, if not months. If matrox would do something similar to Iomega where they send me a replacement, and take my CC details and if I dont send the old one back in 30 days they charge for it. In fact i'd even be happy with someone telling me where I can easily, cheaply and quickly get hold of a fan that would work (I dont care if it's not a matrox, just one that works)

Thanks,

try a tennmax lasagna bga type b from
    tennmax.com Cheers

Comment

If you would like a cross shipment, you can contact us in Canada and we'll process the RMA for you. When RMA calls you back, they will take your CC for a cross shipment if they have any max cards in stock.

Haig

[This message has been edited by Haig (edited 07 January 2000).]

Comment

will they even do a cross shipment if i'm in the UK?

Comment

Just tell them Haig said they will.

Paul
          "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

If Haig says they will...they will.
            He is one of "them" (to be specific, head of tech support, North America )
            Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

See dhopton,
              I thought Haig would be able to fix you up. Good luck.
              Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Thank ye all very much, I will contact matrox canada on monday...

Thank you all very much!

Comment

Working...
                X