Dualhead is cool? and a special thanx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dualhead is cool? and a special thanx

I have a decent Athlon setup with a DH OEM G400 32meg. The DH feature is really the reason I got the card but I only have one monitor. I'm a student at school but have come into some money because of the holiday season. I'm seriously contemplating getting a second 17" trinitron monitor but cant come up with any serious reasons. Can u guys help me out? Also does DH slow down games? If they do is it noticeable?

BTW: A huge thanks to you guys for helping to get my G400 working with my K7M!

The duel head feature only works with D3D games, it does not work with OpenGL games. You'll have to disable it before playing OpenGL games.

Maybe if you have a friend with an old monitor he/she isn't using, you could borrow it and check out the possibilities.

Paul
    paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

I tried it out with my roommates 15" and it looked wierd. I figure it would look a bit better with a 17" side by side rather than a 17" in front and a 15" way on the ground to the left. So anybody find this feature really helpful for a certain task?

Comment

Paulcs...I thought Q3A was OpenGL? We run it all the time over here with the BrewCrew in the living room, TV/Stereo and the shooter on the 'Puter, Dualhead, with TurboGL, and WAY too much volume.

Comment

Gaming on your TV !!!

Even OGL games run in Clone mode and you've never seen such quality on your TV !

Feeding DVD to your TV ...

PhotoShop in DH mode is also a must have when you're into graphics.

There are really various reasons to make use of the DH.

------------------
          Cheers,
          Maggi

Working Rig:
          Asus P2B-DS @ 100MHz FSB
          Double Pentium III-450
          4 x 128MB CAS2 SDRAM
          Matrox Millennium G400 32MB DualHead
          Eye-Q 777 (22" with 127kHz) on primary VGA
          Nokia 445Xi (21") on secondary VGA

Home Rig:
          Asus P2B-S Bios 1010 @ 100MHz FSB
          Celeron 333A @ 500MHz
          2 x 128MB CAS2 SDRAM
          Matrox Millennium G400 32MB DualHead @ 150/200MHz
          CTX VL710T (17")
          and a brand new Pioneer 303S SCSI-DVD

Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
          Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
          be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
          4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
          2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
          OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
          4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
          Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
          Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
          LG BH10LS38
          LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Well, if you're looking for "serious" reasons for a second monitor, consider this:

If you ever use two application windows at once - for example, viewing a web page containing reference info while writing a document, or having a help file opened while writing code (I do this every day), seeing both windows at once is a godsend.

I place one window on the main screen while I have the other window on the secondary screen. This is the closest thing I've found to having a reference book opened at my side while I write something on paper.

Phoenix

Comment

This feature is definatly worth it!
              So many possiablilties! So much value! Its key for my work! Text formating for the web... Plus having mIRC on one screen and MURC on the other. Its very nice. Be warned though, putting them too close causees some visual anomalies, namly a line of darker color that scrolls down the monitor. But this can be fixed by either moving them a little further apart. I put the sides to an extra mid tower case between the two monitors and i dont even notice the lines anymore

------------------
              PIII 450 @ 464
              generic BX6 motherboard
              G400 MAX : )
              Maxtor 13 gig UDMA 33
              Maxtor 13 gig UDMA 66
              Creative 36x CD-ROM
              HP 2x2x6x CD-RW
              64 megs PC100 RAM
              Intel 10/100
              Soundblaster 32 AWE
              DiamondMAX 56k
              Logitech Wireless Desktop (best $50 ive ever spent)
              1 92mm Sunon Fan
              4 80mm Sunon Fan's

Comment

I took my PC in to work so my partner can do her presentation on the TV for everyone and at the same time she was able to navigate using the monitor.

Dual Head = an EXCELLENT feature period.

Regards,
                Elie

Comment

cool thanks guys, just needed a reason to blow my christmas money on a monitor.

Comment

Working...
                  X