X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BNC video cable on Matrox G400 MAX??

I just replaced the standard VGA video
    cable from my Panasonic PF70 monitor
    with a standard 5 plugg BNC video cable.

The windows wallpaper, pictures now
    all show up in a harsh blue green tint !!

I've connected the BNC cable as instructed
    in the monitor manual and Matrox manual.

This ofcourse wasn't acceptable, so I
    switched back to the orignal VGA cable.
    Now all is _perfect_ -- crisp, clean and
    vivid colors as I was used to before the BNC!!

What can be wrong? How can I test the cable?
    The BNC cable is just a week old, a expensive
    highquality cable!

I've had both BNC and D-sub on my Max. I've used three d-subs, all look alike. I did this test because I had ordered a BNC from Mitsubishi (you would think it would come with one on a $1300.00 monitor, but no). Mitsubishi sent it no charge, which surprised me. I plugged it in and NOW I've got real bad ghosting on everything but 1280x1024 and up res. So I asked them for another one, explaining the problem. They sent another one and NOW I have convergence problems. I gave up and went back to a D-sub. Too frustrating for the small benefit Mitsubishi said I would derive from going with a BNC. Hope my little escapade helped you feel better, and hope you fare better than I.
    Bud

Comment

I had a problem just like yours. I shut down, removed the cable, tested with the D-Sub, shut down again, reattached the BNC cable, and everything worked fine.

The cable could be defective, however. Can you return it?

Paul
      paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

ouch. bad BNC stories. Mine worked perfectly (yeah worked, my monitor blew up - under warranty thankfully)

Comment

I have a VisionMaster Pro510 (IIYAMA) and my BNC cable works just fine I can acually tell the difference between it and th d-sub cable I got with the screen.
          it's really a SGI BNC cable (25pins i think) cable with an adapter at the end to convert it the d-sub

Comment

The windows wallpaper, pictures now all show up in a harsh blue green tint !!
            Maybe the green and blue cables have been switched when making this cable??

Just a suggestion I've seen more...

Jord.
            Jordâ„¢

Comment

I've used 2 different BNCs with my G400MAX, a Cables to Go set and a Monster Cable set. Both have worked well for me. Try another set. If these give the same problem, it's the monitor's BNC inputs.

------------------
              Kind Regards,

KvH

Comment

Check for a BNC/DSub switch on the monitor or in the menu.

Also check to see if there is a voltage input selection on the monitor(0.7v~1.0v)as the BNC and DSub may differ in how they process the signals. Switching between .7v and 1v will affect the overall brightness and intensities of the monitor.

Also check the monitor "Color Temperature" adjustment(6550K~9300K) as that might give you the blue/green problem.

You might try taking the cable to a local computer store or a friend with a larger monitor to have it checked.

Comment

exG, BNC cables cannot in any way, shape or form effect convergence!
                  "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

I have never seen any differences between using bnc and dsub. No changes in text clarity, no change in color, nothing.
                    The only useful thing I found for bnc is both my monitors support it for 2 inputs.

just my experiences with them.

Comment

Working...
                    X