No announcement yet.

Just reinstalled Win98 and NO D3D??????? Please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok. Hey RAB, still no go on the MAX, even after the format. I'm seriously thinking that it is the card now. Unfortunately, tech support is making me go through all the tests we have already gone through before they give me that RMA. Oh well.
    "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
    --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Comment

Just to clarify, on the spinning cube, the hardware rendered version should be noticably (maybe 50%) faster than the software version. If its not, you probably have a problem the G400 and its not using hardware acceleration.

RAB
      AMD K6III-450; Epox EP-MVP3G5; G400DH32; Maxtor 10gig UDMA66; 128meg PC100; Aureal SQ2500 sound; PCI Modem Blaster; Linksys 10/100 NIC; Mag 800V 19"; AL ACS54 4 speaker sound; Logitech wireless mouse; Logitech Wingman Extreme (great for lefties)

Comment

Dimitri, is UT telling you it must use software mode at startup? Meek is correct. UT is wrong. You can force it to run in Direct3D mode. Install the patch, and UT will recognize the G400 and recommend D3D. There's a new patch, by the way. It apparently fixes a lot of stuff I didn't realize was broken.

"AGP Enabled" is a good thing. It means, quite simply, that AGP is enabled. If your press the button, you could disable AGP (so don't). Sounds like you had a big mess before you reinstalled Windows, and maybe you're on the right track now.

Are the boxes bouncing and the cubes spinning on the hardware acceleration tests? Give us some idea of how these tests went.

Paul
        paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

Thank you for the tip MartinS!

It did not help to change the order of the install. Still same problem, blue screen when I try 3D

Do you know were I can find older versions of VIA patches? My mobo manufacturers website does not respond...

[This message has been edited by kfa (edited 16 January 2000).]
          /Fredrik

Comment

Found my mobo manufacturers website but I couldn't find any VIA patches (www.lucky-star.tw.com).

Anyone has an idea on what to try now? I still get a 'blue screen' when I try 3D.
            /Fredrik

Comment

It's probably irrelevant, but the game Driver said I didn't have a 3d accelerator installed, even though DirectX 7 sailed through the Diags with my G200. The fix was to select 16 bit colour and 640x480 resolution on the desktop first, then load/reload the game and increase the resolution and color depth. It may be something similar?

[This message has been edited by Rickready (edited 17 January 2000).]

Comment

Thanks for the tip Rickready but it didn't work!
                /Fredrik

Comment

It works!

I found that I hadn't tried Mellow_Dudes tip about changing from 5.30 drivers to even older such as 5.25, so I did and now it works!

Thanks everbody for the help!

[This message has been edited by kfa (edited 18 January 2000).]
                  /Fredrik

Comment

Working...
                  X