General Questions about G400Max

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Questions about G400Max

Okay, these are probably answered somewhere but I'm new to all this stuff.

Quick overview:
    Dual P3-600, WinNT and Win98, Asus P2B-DS Mobo, plus stuff

If possible answer questions for each OS

1) Is the G400Max a G400 BIOS?? This I ask since I don't know if I should upgrade the BIOS etc, and if I do how do I know my BIOS version.

2) OpenGL ... and I don't mean for games. I run graphics rendering software that has OpenGL options. I've heard all sorts of nasty things about the G400MAX and OpenGL ... what's the true lowdown.

3) NT is my favoured OS for development etc, any special things I should note here, especially if I want to run DVD on it (software only is fine), and use the Dual-Head.

That's about all right now ... thank you.

1. Yes, all baseline cards (SH, DH, Max) use the same BIOS.

2. We run Maya on G400 under NT, so it looks like it is really OpenGL compatible.

3. DH support under NT is limited by NT. So either you use clone/zoom or you end up with one desktop spanning 2 monitors while the NT doesn't know that these are 2 monitors -> when you maximize the window it will occupy 2 screens, etc.

Comment

Thank you for your reply. Just a clarification on the OpenGL ... you're using the standard OpenGL drivers that are in WinNT/Maya or the Matrox ones etc?

Comment

Once again. Powerdesk under NT supports features to enable window maximizing to ONE display only, as well as making requesters popup in one monitor, not centered on both. Only limitation is both will run the same resolution/color depth. Otehr than that there is no limitation in the latest powerdesk drivers.

------------------
        Asus P2B-F, P3-450~556, 512MB PC100 8ns SDRAM, G400MAX (yay!) at 160Mhz, Teac 58S CD-R, Toshiba SM-1002 DVD-ROM, Toshiba 40X SCSI CD-ROM, 8.4GB IDE primary drive, 9GB Micropolis Tomahawk UWSCSI, 9GB IBM U2WSCSI, 18GB U2WSCSI Cheetah, Diamond MX300, 3COM 10/100TX, 3COM Gaming Modem, Adaptec 2940U2W

And a partridge in a pear treeeeeeee.
        A computer is like sex. Your never 100% sure what your doing but when all goes well, it feels REAL good.

Comment

Working...
        X