No announcement yet.

Win2k and G400 MultiMonitor Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Microsofts fault that matrox hasn't written dualhead support for w2k? I guess next you're going to start blaming Microsoft for the poor opengl drivers from matrox? After all it's a conspiracy because Microsoft makes it so opengl doesn't work so then everyone thinks directx is superior. Why do you think Windows2000 has driver verifier and system file protection!
    Asus K7V
    Athlon 700
    128mb PC133 HSDRAM
    Matrox Millennium g400max
    Adaptec 2940U2W
    IBM 9gb U2W
    Plextor 8/20 cdr
    Diamond MX300
    3com 905b-tx

Comment

I am aware that W2K is gold. That was not the point of argument. As to documentation, all W2K Multimonitor Documentation sounds awfully similar to that of Win98.
      I'll be honest, i just got the G400DH the other day, because my 2 PCI S3 video cards were "deemed" legacy by Microsoft, and multimonitor would not work with them. So i figured, get a DH card, and free up a PCI slot.

I am aware that this issue is not completely Matrox's fault, i'm not blaming them. Hell, i shouldn't have to buy hardware to support software, the software should support my hardware. But that is a catch-22 for microsoft, so i'll leave it at that.

In Win98, with a DH card, the display settings are what they should be, shown as 2 monitors (i.e. at 800x600). W2K, according to Matrox, can't do that with a DH card, having the screensize at 1600x600.

I never meant to attack Matrox, nor provoke any arguments. My only objective was to see if anyone had found any ways of countering this problem, and to see if Matrox has any solutions.

Comment

A bit OT, but one interesting thing in W2K that's not possible in Win98 is the ability to assign your primary "monitor" in Display Properties, without rebooting. In Win98, the primary "monitor" is always the first card enumerated by the system BIOS so to change it you need to shutdown, and either go into BIOS Setup and set a switch or do a PCI slot shuffle, and then reboot.

So one possible configuration that DH would have to handle under W2K, that would never arise under Win98, is one in which the second head (Maven) is primary and the first head (G400) is disabled altogether...

Comment

Working...
        X