X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K7m MB Bios

First of all, congratulations Haig.

Hello to all, I know this is not the K7m forum, but I know there are some K7m MB owners here and I could use your help.

Went to the Asus web site and downloaded the flash_k7.exe utility,the km1007.zip bios dtd 11-18-99 and the km.125 bios (beta) dtd 1-19-00.

Using flash_k7.exe and km.125 bios, after flashing the bios, the message "Flash ROM Completed - Pass" was displayed.However,when I pressed a key to continue, the system speaker started to sound-off and would not stop. Why all the noise from the speaker, is it trying to tell me something? I think the bios upgrade was ok, because I also got the message "CMOS checksum bad" F1 to go into setup...

I need the beta bios upgrade, because along with working with my G400 card; I am also trying to install a new Iomega ZipCD.

Thanks, Designer

Somehow I see that this topic will be moved to the general hardware section....

But on to your problem....

I forget which BIOS my K7M came with. Within a week of getting it, I flashed in the 1209 beta bios, and it has worked beautifully for me. Later I flashed in the 1229 bios, and Unreal Tournament got a little bit choppy on me so I went back to the 1209 bios, which I am still running.

I did not catch the line "CMOS checksum bad", though. Some motherboards REQUIRE you to go into the BIOS and at least sanity check all of the settings after you flash the bios. They use a quick checksum test to see if the bios changed. That should only happen once as long as you save when you exit the bios.

What voltage are you running your CPU at? My speaker beeped at me when I was running it at a higher voltage than it liked. If you are manually overriding the voltage, try lowering it a bit until it stops beeping at you.

Comment

good instinct, thundrchez.
      This is definately one for the General Hardware forum....so that's where you can find it now....
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Working...
      X