Opinions on G200 with NT4.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on G200 with NT4.0

I want to replace a cheap video card that came with my new PC at work. The PC is a Pentium III 450MHz running WinNT 4.0 SP4 and is used strictly for business-type applications, primarily web development (but not sophisticated graphics). The monitor is a Sony Multiscan SE 17 II (I think). I'm particularly interested in crisp text. I'm leaning to the G200 AGP 8MB (I have to pay for this out of my own pocket). Am I on the right track? Is there a FAQ or someplace I can go to catch up on all the gotchas I need to be aware of when slipping a G200 into an NT 4.0 machine? What about the best all around drivers? Thanks!

George
    gearl@home.com

The G200 8MB is an excellent choice for a NT4 office machine. I've got one of 'em in my office web surfin & email reading NT4 box.

The drivers, on the other hand, are a different issue. You will definitely want to go with the PD 4.22 drivers. Many people, myself included, had huge problems with the PD 4.31 and 4.34 drivers with the G200. The 4.22 drivers are rock solid, though.

Comment

Working...
    X