conflict with g400+powedesk+cdr (ricoh) plz help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• conflict with g400+powedesk+cdr (ricoh) plz help

my scsi ricoh 6201s cdrw does not work after i install the powerdesk software for my matrox g400-tv. after a clean install of both win98se and win2k, the machine boots fine and the cdr is operational. then once i stop using the generic vga 16 color drivers and install the latest powerdesk, the machine will not complete the boot process. sometimes it hangs at the very end of the boot sequence, somtimes it hangs at the login screen. whichever, i have to manually restart and boot into safemode, where it recognizes the cdrw drive, but again, it's using generic video drivers. once i disconnect the cdr from the scsi chain, the computer will boot fine.

i'm convinced that i've successfully isolated the conflict between the cdrw and the g400. i've read some about previous conflicts between ricoh's cdrs and the matrox millenium, so i'm guessing this is a continuation into the next gen matrox card.

here's what i've tried: on/off busmastering, auto insert notification on/off, disconnect cdrw on/off.

funny thing: i only have this problem with win98se and win2k. i also have winNT 4, and the computer boots fine and it's running the latest powerdesk, and i can burn cd's.

so, what is the difference in the the win98,win2k, and winNT drivers that could cause this problem?

here's my setup:
    dual celeron 466
    Abit BP6
    matrox g400-tv
    sb live value
    linksys network card
    one 13 gig ibm 7200rpm on ide master
    two 13 gig ibms 7200rpm on ata66, both master
    256 ram
    1520 adaptec isa w/
    12/20 plexotr and 2x2x6 ricoh 6201s and umax 1200s

Have you considered that your Ricoh may need a firmware update... What do they have to say about it?
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Are you saying you SCSI devices work in safe mode? Interesting, they did not do that in Win95. Are you sure you do not have any real mode drivers loaded in config.sys/autoexec.bat? Some scanners have a nasty habit of installing such things...

But well, you said "clean install" so that can not be the case.

Anyways, good luck in search for the solution...

M.
      year2000:Athlon500/MSI6167/256M/10GIBM/6GSamsung/18GSCSI IBM/CL2xDVD/RR-G/HPPSPrinter/G400DH32M/DeltaDC995/MX300/ADSPyro1394/AHA2940UW/3comXL100

Comment

If so that could well be the problem.
        NT is probably allocating the resources differently. It maybe worth giving us the IRQ's.
        Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
        X