stretching wallpaper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stretching wallpaper

ok i hope this doesn't sound stupid - All i want to do is stretch wallpaper to fit my monitor. I work at 1280*1024 so most wallpaper is too small.

I have the G400 and have made sure the dual monitor is turned off. The setting should be on the effects tab of display properties but I can't find it anywhere.

Am I missing something incredibly obvious or is it just not possible anymore?

Thanks

Morkai

System:
    Gigabyte GA-5AX (rev 4)mb (ALi Chipset)
    K6-2 400Mhz
    2x64meg sdram dimms(100Mhz)
    G400 Millennium 32meg (not the max)
    Sound Blaster Awe64 Gold
    Realtek network card (isa)
    Lucent chipset modem (pci)
    Lucky Goldstar 24x cd-rom
    and 2 quantum fireball 12.7gig hd's

o/s - Win 98

You can use most any image editing software out to resize them.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

aye very true, but since i cycle my wallpaper fairly regulary i'd rather not have to edit and have double copies of all my graphics when it should be doable with a simple system setting - if its not possible then thats what i'll do but i'd rather try and exhaust other possibilities first

thanks anyhow

Morkai

Comment

You must have Active Desktop enabled to get the Stretch option to appear for your Wallpaper.

With Active Desktop disabled, you will get only the standard Tile and Center options.

Comment

Ahh, thankye kindly - still not appeared on the effects tab where window's help says it should be but at least its on the backgrounds tab.

Morkai

Comment

Here is the deal, if you have IE 4 with Win95, Win98, etc, you can have stretched wallpaper (bmps anyway), without active desktop. It relys on a registry key called WallpaperStyle, under win9x and winnt, it is a string with the values "0", "1", and "2", under win2k rc1 it's a binary value, go figure. 0 means normal, 1 means tile, 2 means stretch. It supercedes the original TileWallpaper value which only takes "0" and "1". This is the full path to the key:

"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\desktop\WallpaperStyle"

"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\desktop\TileWallpaper"

Another awkward situation brought to you by the fine folks at MS.

Comment

I Have the Stretch option under the "background" tab...and I don't have "active desktop" on. So you should be able to se it there Morkai.
              (I'm using Win98se, maybe it wasn't the same with Win98a)
              PIII-500, 128M RAMpc-100, ADVANCE 5/133 Motherboard, QuantumKA 18.2gig, QuantumST 6.4gig, Creative DVD-Rom 5x, Pioneer CD-Rom 12x, G400Max Dualhead, SB Live, Winmodem 33.6, NEC MultiSync E900+ 19" Monitor, Windows SE

Comment

Working...
              X