No announcement yet.

New G400 W2K drivers !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the previous drivers, HotKey centerWINDOW command caused Display One to become totally corrupted.

The good news: No more corruption in these drivers.

The bad news: The centerWINDOW command doesn't work.But it centers the Mouse Pointer real good.

------------------
    =========================
    ABIT BP6, Dual Celeron 466's @525Mhz
    single stick of Kingston ECC registered PC100 256MB RAM
    Dual IBM C-71 17" monitors
    Matrox G400Max
    Seagate Cheetah 10k 9.1gb SCSI U2W drive
    Adaptec 2940U2W SCSI Controller
    Maxtor 20 GB 7.2k UDMA66 IDE drive
    Plextor Ultraplex 40max SCSI CD player
    Seagate Scorpion SCSI DAT drive
    Creative SB AWE32 / LinkSys NIC / 300 watt power supply
    12 fans (including three stacked Nidek Blowers) / assorted external SCSI stuff.........
    Win2K Final Release/WinNT4 SP6/WIN98/DOS 6.22

<font size="1">ABIT VP6, Dual PIII 1.0Ghz's | 768 MB of Kingston RAM |
    Dual IBM C-71 17" monitors | Matrox G400Max | Seagate Cheetah 10k 9.1gb SCSI U2W drive | Adaptec 2940U2W SCSI Controller | Maxtor 60 GB and 80GB 7.2k IDE drives | Plextor Ultraplex 40max SCSI CD player
    and Plexwriter 24/10/40a writer | Seagate Scorpion SCSI DAT drive | Turtle Beach Santa Cruz | LinkSys NIC | <a href="http://lianli.com/11302001jcL_pc_case/jclpccase/jclpccase/pc70.html">Lian Lee PC-70USB Aluminum Tower </a> with 430 watt power supply
    | assorted external SCSI and USB stuff | WinXP Pro</font></font>

Comment

G200 support seems to have improved too. G400 works well with the uniprocessor HAL, but switching to dual processor they are even more unreliable than the first beta, garbled textures, random freezes etc. Anyone know if Matrox actually has a dual or quad processor system in house? Not asking for any overclocked SMP celeron box, just a nice stable dual slot 1 configuration with all components on the HCL.

Paul.

Comment

I agree.
        I have not tried uniprocessor stability, but I have to say that my SMP system freezes much more with the latest beta drivers.
        Photoshop crashes to start.
        Quake III freezes afters seconds.

I really need a SMP capable driver.
        I know that the ATI drivers for lots of their boards are included on the win2k CD and are SMP optimized.

Matrox I know you can do it !!!!!!!

FRED

Comment

Here new drivers don't work with win2k RC2.

Sigh...

Comment

Positiv:

The new beta seems to work just fine on my overclocked Celeron SMP system under Win2K.

No problems at all with Photoshop 5.5. No random freezes or garbled screens.

Maybe you need to overclock...... ;-)
            <font size="1">ABIT VP6, Dual PIII 1.0Ghz's | 768 MB of Kingston RAM |
            Dual IBM C-71 17" monitors | Matrox G400Max | Seagate Cheetah 10k 9.1gb SCSI U2W drive | Adaptec 2940U2W SCSI Controller | Maxtor 60 GB and 80GB 7.2k IDE drives | Plextor Ultraplex 40max SCSI CD player
            and Plexwriter 24/10/40a writer | Seagate Scorpion SCSI DAT drive | Turtle Beach Santa Cruz | LinkSys NIC | <a href="http://lianli.com/11302001jcL_pc_case/jclpccase/jclpccase/pc70.html">Lian Lee PC-70USB Aluminum Tower </a> with 430 watt power supply
            | assorted external SCSI and USB stuff | WinXP Pro</font></font>

Comment

Yeah !
              Now i've got good image quality with PowerDVD v2.55, no more crash when using the zoom button, thanks again Matrox !

Comment

Gurm, Win2k is out not all over the world.
                Here I have to wait until feb 17th.

Second, it is not a rule that new drivers have not to work in beta OS...

Bye,

Comment

I see now, thanks! I hope this solves at least some of my problems.

Comment

PaulS, I agree with you on that Both ATI and Nivida W2K drivers has better SMP support than Matrox W2K drivers but for your case, I don't think it is the driver. I have discovered that W2K is less overclock friendly than W98 or NT4.0, at least for me. I can do W98 with default voltage stable, NT4 4.0 need 2.05v, now W2K need 2.1v to be stable.

Abit BP6 dual 366@550 Switching to G400 from TNT2 due to the fact G400 is the best D3D card around and W2K now support Direct X 7

Comment

Can someone please tell me this: With these drivers, how the heck do you change the darned refresh rates in games?
                      Its getting raelly hard to play for more than a few minutes.

Comment

Scout255:

Change to 640x480. Manually set the refresh rate, then change back to 1024 or whatever you use. Then, when you play the game it will use that refresh rate. If you still have troubles, run powerstrip (it's shareware!) and you get FULL control until such time as Matrox finishes the drivers.

Brama:

It _IS_ a rule that new drivers don't work with RC2. Microsoft changed the driver model, which required certain changes which resulted in incompatibilities. That's just the way things work... and if you are a legal owner of RC2, you can get final by now... wait, don't tell me... you aren't a legal owner of RC2?

- Gurm

------------------
                        Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
                        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                        If only life were as easy as you
                        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                        I would still get screwed

Comment

Brama:

Not to sound insulting, but... duh?

Since Win2k is commercially available why would the drivers still work with an old beta?

- Gurm
                          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

Comment

Gurm: How do you manually set the refresh rate for opengl ing 640X480??
                            Also, powerstip is a horible program for it.
                            I got it all working, but when i use it to up the refresh to 75 in games, the monitor looks like its behind a panel of disturbed water (it looks like its floating) both in d3d and opengl. Its really annoying and i cann't use it.

Comment

Scout:

Put your machine (desktop) into 640x480x16bpp (or whatever color depth the game uses). Then set the refresh rate manually.

Then, go back to 1024x768 (or whatever you were in before). Now when you play the game it uses the refresh rate you chose.

- Gurm

------------------
                              Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X