Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the OGL win2K driver PIII optimized ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the OGL win2K driver PIII optimized ?

This was never mentioned.
    Also do the drivers support DX7 or DX6.x ?

They should have some kind of optimization, because the ICD performance is almost on par with the TurboGl. If it´s SSE/3dNow/celery mystic power, I don´t know, who cares if it is fast

The DirectX suport doesn´t really fit, OpenGL is OpenGL and Direct3d is direct 3d. They are 2 diferent API´s. OpenGl could use DirectX for the 2D display routines, I´m not sure, but it´s not that important, for sure. The ICD performance is not dependent of wich Dx version you have installed.

Comment

Windows 2000 is a DirectX 7 platform. All drivers for it should be optimized for DirectX 7 not 6. Hope this helps.
      Workstation Specs:
      Pentium 4 2 GHz, ASUSTek P4T-E i850, 1024 MB PC800 RDRAM, ATi Radeon 8500 64m, Sound Blaster Audigy Gamer, 3Com 3C905TX-C NIC, Western Digital 80g ATA100 HD, Sony 16x/40x DVD-ROM, Sony CD-RW 175S/C, 19" Sony 420GS, and Windows XP Pro.

Comment

Yeah, i beleive Win2k ships with DirectX7a... Just to be specific.

Comment

I was asking in general about the DX7 support I remember reading that the drivers for win98 weren't made to take support of DX7 and only DX6.x, yes the OGL drivers in quakeII are extremely fast and perfect, can't wait till I can play it at higher refresh rates. Quake III works awesome too witch a few minor graphic artifacts but nothing to hinder it from playing the game, still awesome.

Comment

Working...
          X