No announcement yet.

Can't Believe It...AGP Finally Works...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't Believe It...AGP Finally Works...

Have had my Mill G200 since they first hit the shelves, and have had it in any number of motherboards, BX, VIA Apollo Pro, even a shitty SIS. And it has NEVER been able to run at 2x, not that I really sweated it. Forcing 2x caused either complete lockups, or bizarre and complete screen corruption.

So now I do my latest system upgrade, drop the G200 in a Tyan Trinity 400 with the VIA Apollo Pro 133A and a PIII 550e o'clocked to 733 (133Mhz bus), and load up the latest VIA AGP drivers, and lo and behold...AGP is at 2x and DOESN'T EVEN LOCK UP!! I am agast..needed to get a board that could do 4x before I was able to get 2x...hehe..

Incidently, the drivers in the 4-in-1 pack are SUPPOSED to be the same as the ones which can be downloaded separately...but they aren't. VIA still has a ways to go to get their act together...don't mess with the 4-in-1, download the separate drivers.

Q3A demo1 AGP 1x 640x480- 22fps
    Q3A demo1 AGP 2x 640x480- 27FPS WOOOHOOO!! Damn near 30FPS!! (O.K., you G400 Max owners can stop laughing now...)

C'mon Matrox, I'm ready for the next card...got the bloody processor for it, and AGP WORKS!! On a bloody VIA chipset, no less.

Congrats

------------------
    Microstar K7Pro (MS-6195) Motherboard
    AMD Athlon 550 @ 900MHz
    256MB PC-100 CAS2 SDRAM
    Matrox Millennium G400 DualHead Max
    Matrox Rainbow Runner G-Series
    Creative Soundblaster Live! Player 1024
    Promise FastTak66 RAID Controller
    2 x 13.5GB IBM ATA/66 HDD's
    Panasonic SR-8584 6x DVD-ROM
    Yamaha CRW8424 IDE CDR/RW