Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B/W Picture on Sony TV (PAL)with Dual Head

Hi,
    I've Millenium G400 Max to Sony 25" TV (PAL)
    throu SCART input.
    Unfortunately I obtain a black/white picture.
    Monitor res 800/600 - 16 bit
    Matrox newest drivers.

What could be wrong ?

Thanks in advance.

Adam

There's three quick checks!!

Two settings in Advance settings >Duel Head Tab..

Is NTSC checked instead of PAl

In TV-out settings is black & White Ticked..

I'd try selecting and deselting both these settings.. As I had to select then de-select the B&W option to get colour..

Also If you have two Scart ports on the Back of your TV, try the other one!

------------------
    Ath 650,G4MAX,MSI Mobo, Vortex 2, Maxtor 6880+, 256(100)
    Ath SOC1 1.2gz,G200(dam), Asus a7V133, sonic fury, Maxtor+ 40 30GB, 384Mb(133), win2ksp2 <-&->Vaio Z600 P3 700, 192mb, Ati rage, 15gb

Comment

I think this can also happen when your TV is expecting composite but you give it S-Video.

Comment

Thanks for your good advices but they didn't solved the problem. Still B/W picture with some noise element (waves).It's PAL and SCART Composite and no BW signal selected.
        I have to add that Diamond Monster 3D II is also connected to my Millenium G400 MAX.
        I was intended to replace my slide projector by presenting my slides on TV but it seems to be not so realistic right now. Sorry.

Comment

Well,

Actually this is the old S-Video problem, most s-video have 4 pins, and some have 7 pins.. 4 pin model have both colour and luminance in the four pins, 7 pins model have luminance in the 4 pins and the 3 "extra" pins carry the colour..

You must turn FROM your TV the S-video on in the SCART-channel options, i my tv i have 2 scarts and only 1 has this option, so make sure that you try them both. =)

Some TV:s dont have this option and with them you cant use S-video.. atleast not with colour-picture. =) If your TV dont have this setting, just plug it RCA-video and it will work. =)

Pe-Te

Comment

Working...
          X