g400 please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• g400 please help

I have a g400 dual head 32k ram. P2 266 on an asus p2l97-s lx chipset board. After I install win2k and put on the new drivers, when it reboots when the login screen is supposed to come up I just get an all black screen and no keyboard or mouse response. I have not gotten the card to run, in anything other then vga with the new drivers with windows 2k, although i did have it running, true color, with the beta drivers in beta win 2k.
    Is my problem the low voltage with a lx board?
    I have no irq or mem problems, and the card is runnin in win98se, newest drivers and card bios. Althouh the system did take 4 or 5 restarts with 98, becasue I also did get same the black screen and computer freeze when the desktop was supposed to load.
    my apature is set to 256 in the mother board bios. anyone else have similar problems? please help
    thanks
    matt

Is my problem the low voltage with a lx board??

You nailed it.
    The p2l97 in particular is well known for insufficient juice for most of todays performance AGP cards.
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Would the lx motherboards that dont support the increased voltage not boot correctly, just using plain 2d in windows 2k? I had it workin it a beta build of windows.....

Asus.com has a rework for their boards to fix this "switching current" for this particular lx board....does anyone else have any more info on this?
      thanks
      matt

Comment

Working...
      X