Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Configure G400TV and SB LIVE! Sound-Conflicts

Dear Murc's!

After three hard weeks and 40(?) hours of problems I hope anyone can give me an hint of how to configure My Creative Soundblaster Live!

I do have an SOYO 6BA-IV MotherBoard, PIII 450 MHz, 256 MB Ram, Soundblaster Platinium Live and a Matrox G400TV card. Using English Windows 98 Second Ed.

Today My G400TV-card works. I can capture picture and sound on all qualities. No IRQ-conflicts, and I do (!?) have the latest drivers from Creative and Matrox. Downloaded last 14 days.

PROBLEM: My problem is that when I want to work with sounds, I can ONLY listen to one of the channels; Line-In, CD, Mic or Aux. If I listen to CD and also want the Mic, I can turn on the Mic, but then the CD sound stops (checkbox on). In practice this decreases my use of the soundcard. Is there any drivers for this problem or does anyone know how to fix this problem?

If anyone can help me I would be very happe and I promise the one who helps me an present!

Thanks, Christian

I can tell you, that this is not, how it works normally. Let's ask me - I'm not sure, whether I did understand it:
    You can hear CD sound, and when you then activate the microphone channel you can hear the microphone, but the CD mutes and the CD channel remains activated in the mixer?
    Is the CD connected analog or digitally?
    Do you use the LiveWare 3?

Comment

Speed Pete! Thanks for helping!

You are close to the problem: When I try listen to sound from my soundcard, I can only select one channel of theese four; CD, Line-in, Mic and Aux. When I do this in the "Volumecontrol" from task tray, there will always be 3 checkboxes ON (with a check). If I turn on the microphone, it comes an check in the checkbox for CD.

I do have LiveWare 3 (downloaded from Creative last days) installed. I'm not sure where to check versions, but the Creative drivers are version 4.06.711 when i look in the Control Panel/System.

I did also found something strange: When I try the Creative Diagnostics everything works, else the "Mixer-button". Then I got an message: "Unable to lacate the mixer program".

Thanks for helping (YES: I do have panic!)

Comment

Just an idea: what is selected as record channel? "What u hear"? Try something different, e.g. Midi as record source. Then again try to activate the mic and CD channels.
        Do you use the original creative mixer?

Comment

I think Pete's on the track.
          You probably only have one record source selected. Don't use the Windows mixer, but instead use the creative mixer, and for your record source, select "What you hear". This will allow multiple record sources, instead of just one...
          Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Ok, I know for sure what the problem is. You are limited to one (1) analog input at a time with the SBLive when outputting through the line outputs. This has something to do with how the card works on the PCI bus, says Creative. This is a real good reason to use the digital output on your CD-ROM (if present).

If you have the "Enable Digital Output Only" box checked in the Volume (+) popup, you can select all inputs if desired. BUT, then your analog outputs are shut off and you need an offboard digital decoder to output sound into the Marvel's TV-OUT sound jacks.

Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

SOUNDBLASTER SUCKS!

(Sorry for my words - But I mean it!)
              MultimediaMan are only close to the true. After experimenting with more installation I was close to Heaven!

This is what I did. New installing of Windows 98se (English version). First I installed the Matrox G400TV (without soundcard). I could capture/record from TV. Then I installed the latest Soundblaster drivers/program from Creative. THEN everything did work!! I startet the Matrox VCR and both looked and listened to the TV. I could also listen to CD and all other channels (!!) I also tried to use the Creative Mixer but everything was "open". BUT after turning of the Matrox (for the first time) and then restarted the computer it startet "muting" 3 channels at once. I had to select only one of the; Line-in, Aux, Mic and Cd.

It means that It's possible to listen to all channels on the analog out, but there have to be some problem with SB Drivers!! Or What do you believe?? Now I got this #ยงยค%& checkboxes in my soundcontrol and also in the Creative Mixer.

MultimediaMan: Who did say what at Creative? Is there any other solutions than converting digital to analog?

My friend have a cheaper SB card with an ATI All in wonder PRO. He can make use of his soundcard and all channels at once. For me there is no logic for only 1 analog input when line out?

The bid gets higher: 30$!!

[This message has been edited by ChrT (edited 01 March 2000).]

Comment

Strange! I have nearly the same system: Marvel G400 with SB Live (Full) and Win98SE (but German). Everything is working fine. I just tried out: I selected the MIDI channel as record source and then I activated ALL (really ALL) channels at the same time. No Problem.

Comment

Working...
                X