No announcement yet.

Any other sound cards than SBlive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In almost every case where a sound card would not coexist with the G400, it was because of a shared IRQ. Like the TNT series, the G400 has to have an IRQ of its very own. And with they way most motherboards automatically share IRQs based on configuration, its often a difficult problem for some people to get sorted out.

As for me, I bought an genuine AudioPCI about 3 years ago, and with the PCI64 upgrade drivers, it still sounds great and does EAX!

My only regret? Several games initially had problems with PCI sound cards (like Forsaken and such) because of coding shortcuts and crap...owining the first PCI sound card automatically made me a beta-tester.

------------------
    This Signature Space FOR SALE / RENT

Comment

I've had a SBLive since day one(or two or three) and never have had a single problem with the Live card. I also have an MX300 in another machine and although I haven't used it that much(for the kid) it doesn't have any problems either. Both computers have Asus Mobo's(PT22something & P5A) which I attribute to stablility with all of my hardware. ASUS K7V Baby!!!

Dave
      Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

I'm using an MX300 and a G400 Max with my Athlon system ,and it has worked perfectly from the beginning. I would recommend it.
        -- Mechanix

Comment

I have a G400MAX and a MX300 running in my P3-550. I have never had a problem with my g400 that was related to the MX300. The only complaint about the G400MAX is that mine runs terribly, especially in Half-Life and Q3A.

Comment

I've had verious combonations of a MX200 (Vortex), then a MX300 (Vortex2), now a SQ2500 (Vortex2) with first a G200 and a G400 and a RR-G. They have never bothered each other.

Mark F.

------------------
            OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a DVD...
            and burped out a movie

Mark F. (A+, Network+, & CCNA)
            --------------------------------------------------
            OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a DVD...
            and burped out a movie

Comment

I just switched from an MX300 to a Live! and both work just fine.

Comment

Working...
              X