Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Abit VA6 and G400 (Win98SE) ... Please Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abit VA6 and G400 (Win98SE) ... Please Help!

I Hope someone can help me! I have just built a system for someone and for the first time used a VIA based chipset (Copermine 550 on the Abit VA6). Although this board seems stable and overclocks beautifully (770 with no effort) the graphics performance using the 16MbSH is worse than my 300A@464 based Intel system.

I haven't installed any additional VIA drivers (I fear here lies the problem!) because (a) I've heard that stability might be affected and (b) the information is unclear on the VIA webpage regarding what I should install for Win98SE.

Has anyone else got a similar setup and if so can they please help ...

Thanks in advance

Craig

There's no doubt about it whatsoever: install the VIA drivers - at least AGP and IRQ Rerouter. (But I suggest at first make a try for the entire 4in1). You performance shall rise tremendously.
    Asus A7V, Duron 600@900, 192MB PC133@100, G200, Guillemot MUSE, etc.

Comment

Ok ... I tried the AGP 4.0 driver and it made very little difference to the graphic speed however now Quake 3 won't run (TurboGL or Regular)!

Hmmmm... Should I go ahead and install the other 3 bits?

Should I be after any particular version for this board (Abit VA6) ... there has been much talk of version 4.17!

BTW Thanks Livius for the quick reply

Craig

Comment

Working...
      X