Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buying Advice Needed: G200, G400, or MAX for mostly 2D work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go for the G200...

At 1280 you will not notice any differences between a G200 and a G400 in 2D. The G400 gets better above 1600x1200 (more or less) only.

Also, it´s cheaper, the drivers won´t give you problems (believe me), and you can still play 3D games pretty decently as a bonus...

Comment

Go for the G200...

At 1280 you will not notice any differences between a G200 and a G400 in 2D. The G400 gets better above 1600x1200 (more or less) only.

Also, it´s cheaper, the drivers won´t give you problems (believe me), and you can still play 3D games pretty decently as a bonus...

Comment

Go for the G200...

Comment

Wanted to put in evidence the multi Alec ?

Comment

Sorry, my browser tells me that the connection timed out and I kept trying...

Lowsy Microsoft...

Comment

Thanks again to:

<ul>[*]rjcarr</li>[*]DuRaNgO[MU]</li>[*]Jord</li>[*]Bixler</li>[*]Alec</li>[*]andrei</li>[*]Greebe</li>[/list]

for the advice.

Despite Jord's seductive arguments for the G200MMS, I am probably gonna ask for a Millennium G200. UNLESS of course, the G400 16MB can be bought somewhere at a cheaper price.

------------------
              JamesA: Just a Dumbass MURCer
              System Details

"Have you had any licorice lately?"

<b>JamesA</b>: Just a <b>Dumbass MURCer</b>

Comment

Just one thing to think about: it may not be your grafic card.
                You coulud get the most expensive grafic card with a crappy monitor and it still wouldn't make much of a difference.
                you may wish to step down to 1024X768 for a higher refresh (it will help your eyes, beleve me....)
                however, if it is the grafic card, the g200 is all you would ever need (although if you could con your bosses into getting a g400 that would't be bad either )

Comment

The g200 and the g400 16mb are the same price everywhere. The only advantage that the g200 has is that you can add stuff like the Rainbow Runner to it, which I don't think you can on the g400 16mb (because it's oem).

The g400 has probably better driver support too now.

Nick
                  Salmonius

Comment

The g200 and the g400 16mb are the same price everywhere. The only advantage that the g200 has is that you can add stuff like the Rainbow Runner to it, which I don't think you can on the g400 16mb (because it's oem).

The g400 has probably better driver support too now.

Nick
                    Salmonius

Comment

Online there is allot of cost analyses benefits for extended desktop, not to mention the local legal ramifications of employee safety issues. With properly collected info, including other bids from employers with BETTER equipment(and pay?), a G400 Max D/H with a second monitor at 2048x768 is considered COST effective. This is do too the nature of the business with an extreme shortage of qualified labor.
                      Good luck

Comment

boszot,

Uhh.. I am very very <u>very</u> interested in what you have just said. Can you provide the urls to these documents? I assume they are not farcical treatment of the issue, <em>ja</em>?

Thanks.

------------------
                        JamesA: Just a Dumbass MURCer
                        System Details

"Have you had any licorice lately?"

{Edit Reason: I can't spell to save my life. Thanks, Jord! }

[This message has been edited by JamesA (edited 31 March 2000).]
                        <b>JamesA</b>: Just a <b>Dumbass MURCer</b>

Comment

The cost analysis documentation is about 500 pages and right on the front is the 1st cost, the report for $3000.
                          I got sucked into the committee(against my better judgment) and only browsed the report(more like book) and all paragraphs had URLS below 'em.

I just did a fast search and couldn't come up with ANY! I remember many .gov /.org addresses, I know they're out there, just don't know what the hell to type!?!

Sooo, since I don't have access to the report, don't know how to search the net, can't even remember what company did the report....

I'll just humbly retract my post(and swallow my prideful opinions).

Please remember, thanks to this "farcical report" I ended up buying a Matrox D/H AND a 21" Cornerstone P1600 to complement my E790 Viewsonic.

At least NOW I know better than to post my views on something, unless I have access to the dam fact sheet.

I do remember the OSHA reports(they where separate). those are SOME WHERE(?) here: http://www.osha.gov/ (good luck finding them~I'm lost!)
                          The OSHA report is what was the most respected of the reports, but they had some Danish or Swedish quotes in them.

Sorry if my lack of attention to details has caused any undo grief.

Comment

Working...
                          X