No announcement yet.

TurboGL on SS7 possible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the VIA AGP drivers were originally developed for Win'95. It did not fully support AGP functions. But let's not be too quick to blame VIA for this matter. I have tried all the 4-in-1 from 4.16 through 4.20 and all of them have no problems with the 5.30 PD driver and the TGL. It was with version 5.41 that we lost the ability to run the TGL with the VIA AGP drivers.

Joel
    Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
    Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Hi,
      I have a DFI K6XV3+/66 MVP3 with K6-3 450; 128 Hiunday Pc100; IBM 13 GB 7200 Rpm; Matrox G400 Max,
      I Also tryed all the 4in1 drivers since 4in1 16 and the problem is the same.
      Does all of your´s comb did work with TbGL drives deleting Viagard.VXD?

Alfie???
      how did you put your K6-2 400@450???

Comment

kjliew,
        I'm sorry to be so vague,I have pd 5.52,the turbo gl is version 1.When I originally came across the original thread regarding deleting viagart.vxd,out of curiousity I tried it on my board (epox mvp3g2).Installed turbogl,via turbogl manager into quakeII and proceeded to play.Prior to this any attempt to use tgl would freeze system.QuakeII ran without a problem.
        Verified agp was enabled 2x,verified.
        verified default ogl was enabled in quakeII
        As tgl had been installed this I believe became default ogl.
        All indications are this trick works.
        Once again a workaround and not the cure.
        I'll download and try tgl 1.3.I'm happy with performance of 5.52 so didn't feel tgl was neccessary.However hearing Quake III is working is to me more important.
        People who have the game,but couldn't get it to work will be happy.(I hope )

Yankeemax:

K6-3 400@450mhz 4.5 multiplier x 100mhz bus speed 2.6v

Comment

Downloaded and installed tgl 1.3.
          Uninstalled viagart.vxd.
          tgl installed in quake II.
          Quake II worked.
          Artifact(colored bridge in sky)@1024x768 resolution.
          Reset to 800x600,no artifacts,ran smoothly,no problems.
          Restarting computer causes bsod.
          This seems to be the only problem.
          Reinstalled viagart.vxd,bsod is no more.
          If you suffer from this,suggest deleting viagart.vxd for game playing or use of tgl.
          Reinstall after.
          Drag,I know,but still a workaround.
          Good luck!
          And thanks again,shogun(The originator of this trick)

Comment

Is it possible to get TGL working on a PII?

Comment

It's working!!!!

PD5.52+TurboGL 1.3 is working flawlessly now after removing VIAGART.VxD, and I make sure that VGARTD.VxD is not installed. No trace of VGARTD/VIAGART in the registry. There's no issue at all, no shutdown crash or anything. But there is a bit performance loss compare to PD5.30+TGL1.3. That's OK for me, as long as I can use the latest PD with TurboGL enhancement. However, without VIAGART.VxD, TuboGL 1.3 crashed in PD5.30, but ICD works fine.

Tested games: Quake2, Unreal (D3D mode)
              Benchmark: 3DMark99 MAX.

I am using Win98SE w/ latest shutdown supplement patch. It seems that Win98SE has GART driver built into the VMM. How about Win98??

I wonder whether Matrox knows this.... The Matrox technical support forum keeps telling people to install VIA 4-in-1 and stick with PD5.30....

Does this fix also apply to VIA Apollo 133A and KX133?? These chipsets are having the same problem as well.

KJ Liew

Comment

Crash-
                TGL now supports all processors (has for a while now), including P2 and celeron. Just run the install proggy, and it will go to town...

KJLiew-
                Yes, Matrox is aware of the VIA gart issue. It's been a regular topic of discussion on the beta boy's mailing list. I think they keep telling people on their forums to use the 4-in-1 with 5.30 because it's an easier answer than trying to guide so many users through all of this technical stuff (the posters at the Matrox forums are not as technically savvy as MURCers )
                Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Kjliew,
                  The original threads from which all this started had to do with Athlon and Via's 133a chipset on the Epox Athlon board
                  Thinking what's good for the goose,may be good for the gander,prompted me to try it on my Epox mvp3g2,to my delight,it worked.
                  Am using win98se,so don't know about win98.
                  Will try your approach and hope for the best!

Comment

Check out my post in the following thread.

forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum4/HTML/003326.html

Joel

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.

Comment

Joel,
                      How did you get it all working?

Comment

To get TGL and Quake3 working all I did was uninstall the VIA AGP drivers. To get the 4.13 version of UT working without the VIA AGP driver installed, I installed the 4.05b version of the d3ddrv.dll over the 4.13 version.

www.lp.org

Comment

Ok I uninstalled the viagart.vxd from my system and, finally, I can play with pd5.52 and Tgl 1.3.. though games are not as fast as I thought.
                          The only matter is that I can't shut down my computer.. it always lock when I exit windows and it's going to start a scandisk at the next reboot... is there anyone who have solved the problem?

Comment

Working...
                          X