Help problems with Win98, ACPI and G400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help problems with Win98, ACPI and G400

Ok guys got a big problem, just formated and installed win98 fresh on this system, well when i had win98 on the system
    I had a pa-2013 rev 2.0 mobo which was not fully ACPI compliant. well I now have a PA-2013 rev 2.1 board which is complaint and man is it causing me grief
    I installed win98 all went fine, i installed directx7 and then installed the via 4 in 1 420 drivers all except for the nusmaster driver
    then i installed the 5.52 drivers for the g400, now anytime I run internet explorer or explorer or
    run a game or let system sit for a while my screen corrupts to a big balck square or lines and I have to hard reboot
    I noticed that I have alot of things that are on IRQ9 with the g400. I cannot fiqure out how to get it by itself please help me
    I tried diabling irq steering altogether, did not work, i went into bios and tried to diable acpi but i have no listing for it and power management inthe bios is disabled

PR-man

[IRQs]

0 System timer
    1 Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural Keyboard
    2 Programmable interrupt controller
    3 Communications Port (COM2)
    4 Communications Port (COM1)
    5 Creative AWE64 16-bit Audio (SB16 compatible)
    6 Standard Floppy Disk Controller
    7 Printer Port (LPT1)
    8 System CMOS/real time clock
    9 Matrox Millennium G400 - English
    9 ACPI IRQ Holder for PCI IRQ Steering
    9 SCI IRQ used by ACPI bus
    10 SupraExpress 56i Voice V.90
    11 VIA Tech PCI to USB Universal Host Controller
    11 ACPI IRQ Holder for PCI IRQ Steering
    12 PS/2 Compatible Mouse Port
    13 Numeric data processor
    14 Primary IDE controller (dual fifo)
    14 VIA Bus Master PCI IDE Controller
    15 Secondary IDE controller (dual fifo)
    15 VIA Bus Master PCI IDE Controller

------------------
    Win2k rocks!!! Now if only my chipset was not VIA !!!!!!!!
    Celeron II 566@ 952 on a Abit BE6 Rev 1, 128 Pc100, Matrox G450 32 DH, SBlive Value, Supra Express 56i ISA, all running on Win2k pro with other odds and ends

Well I fixed the problem by changing PNP os to on in the bios. now the g400 is on irq 10 and still sharring , now with the VIA USB controller but no crashes, wierd

------------------
    Celeron II 566@ 952 on a Abit BE6 Rev 1, 128 Pc100, Matrox G450 32 DH, SBlive Value, Supra Express 56i ISA, all running on Win2k pro with other odds and ends

Comment

Well I was wrong its still locking up. How do I disable ACPI if I have no listing for it in the bios? PR-man

------------------

Comment

Working...
      X