Euphoria in Win2k?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Euphoria in Win2k?

Anyone know what's up with my favorite screen saver Euphoria? It runs great under Win98, but under Win2k you get these horizontal 1-inch strips of the full image. It's working, I can see the stuff moving around, but it's unwatchable.

Daikatana does the same thing during cut-scene fades. Is this an OpenGL bug Matrox ought to be made aware of?

Anyone?

- Gurm

------------------
    Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    I would still get screwed

I know not of a solution for you, BUT!

I would like to try out that screen saver

HAve a link to where I could find it ?
    or maybe you can just email it to me (if its not a bother)

spicez@spicez.com

Thanks

p.s. I'll let you know how it behaves on my system.

------------------
    ---------------------------
    bp6-(2)366@533 celerons, g400 DH 32mb Vanilla, Quantum plus KA 9.1g, sb-live value, Optiquest V95 19", Toshiba DVD 6x, HP i8100 cd-r, etc ...

---------------------------
    bp6-(2)366@533 celerons, g400 DH 32mb Vanilla, Quantum plus KA 9.1g, sb-live value, Optiquest V95 19", Toshiba DVD 6x, HP i8100 cd-r, etc ...

Comment

It won't work for me either, at both 16bit and 32bit color. Then again, I've always had trouble with accelerated screensavers since I got the G400. Too bad, cause some of these things are nice.

The Rock
      Bart

Comment

TheRock:

Does it fail for you in the same interesting manner in which it fails for me?

- Gurm

------------------
        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

Comment

Here are a couple of places you can find euphoria:
          http://www.chaoszone.de/screensaver.htm
          http://reallyslick.demonews.com/

I tried it. It's cool.

Comment

blah, it doesn't work for me either *grumble*

although i can see it when it's in the display folder under screensaver. too bad.. let me know if any of you can get it to work
            Glarec
            ------
            bp6-(2)433(oc488) celerons, g400max, ibm ultra scsi 9.1g, sb-live value, hitachi ss-753 19", plextor 32x, etc, etc, etc...

Comment

I've had the exact same problem with several OGL screensavers under Win2K. I finally gave up on them, and just use the default screensaver setting (blank screen). Also, it does look right when previewing in the tiny monitor of the video settings, just not when it tries to run full screen.

------------------
              Ace
              "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
              Gainward Ti4600
              AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

I haven't tested it for a while, but 24 bpp used to work in win2k, performance hit but...

Comment

Gurm:

Mine does exactly what yours does. It only works in the little screensaver preview window.

The Rock
                  Bart

Comment

Ditto here, I have the same problem with those screen savers from "ReallySlick", plus a couple of others. I think the only one I got working reliably in Win2K is VoodooLights.

For what it's worth, I had problems (not the same type) with a lot of OpenGL savers on my NT4/G400 box until the latest iteration(s) of Matrox's drivers. So lets just keep our fingers crossed.

Dobber

"Ordered a Max, got a M3D instead"

Comment

Ok yes, it seems to be an OpenGL bug. If any of you are lucky enough to have run into the ISO of Daikatana that's been floating around the net, you can see the same glitch in that.

During the beginning and end of each cutscene, there is a screenfade from mist or smoke or something... to the full image. The mist or smoke though is done in the same mode as Euphoria, such that you just get little snippets of it with the cutscene fading in underneath the garbage.

Hmm... I think I'll report this to Matrox.

- Gurm

------------------

Comment

Just in case anyone was interested.
                        The screansaver does work under Win2K at uni (ATI Rage Pro 3D) but not at home (G400)

Does sound like a driver bug.
                        The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Yeah, I knew it was a driver bug of one form or another, since it works fine on Rage128 as well as Voodoo3 under Win2k. Hmm...

- Gurm

------------------

Comment

Working...
                          X