No announcement yet.

What is the best way to run 3 monitors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the best way to run 3 monitors?

What would be the best card configuration to run three monitors? I want to be able to watch TV and also get realtime info from two diff. websites at the same time(is this possible?). I also want to be able to watch DVD movies on my TV in the next room and do some gaming on this computer. Thanks

Obviously you could use the dual head feature of the G400. This would allow you see 2 monitors with whatever.

If you also wanted to watch TV at the same time, you'd probably have to buy a TV!

However, you could buy a TV card for your computer, and watch TV in a window on one of your monitors. TV cards are good, as they pass the TV picture through the PCI Bus. (No pass-through cables).

For watching DVDs, you could plug the 2nd head of the G400 into the TV (via a long cable!).

If you wanted to play movies on your TV, AND play games at the same time, you will have to but a DVD Hardware decoder card.

I have a Hollywood+, which is very good, apart from a REALLY CRAP pass-through cable. However, I have overcome the problem by tapping the H/V sync pins of my VGA card, to the VGA input of the H+ card. (ie: It THINKS it is getting a VGA signal).

Then I plug the DVD VGA output into the 2nd input of my monitor.

That way, my G400 goes STRAIGHT to my 17" Iiyama monitor. - Superb picture!

Comment

Working...
    X