Be happy ! It's driver day !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Be happy ! It's driver day !

Maybe this time the new w2k G400 drivers will be released ?
    Please Matrox, we're waiting for 3 months now...

A tech support person at matrox said they think 2 weeks but I asked her if she was telling me info she was told and she said no it was her own intuition.

She did say a lot of bugs in openGL will be fixed. Probably bugs I don't even know about and more support for DVD software playback, maybe the drivers are lacking something for soft DVD players.

One thing I wanted to know is I the g400 spec sheet does say it does BOB and WEAVE in hardware, well I want to know if powerDVD use the g400 hardware to do BOB/WEAVE or it's just using the CPU to do it.

Comment

hey! 3months? don't overdo it! it's only been 2 weeks. 5.06 work fine on all boards, and they fixed quite some bugs in it. But I agree there still are qutie a few OpenGL bugs, and the most prominent: z-buffer errors in both OpenGL(Q3A) and Direct3D (UT). Matrox... please fix them!

Comment

I think we're doing pretty well at the moment - at least the card works and works well under WIn 2K - most other cards can't even manage this. Yes there are still bugs such as the shadows on Quake 3 - but I'm sure Matrox is working hard on this and we won't be dissapointed by subsequent driver releases.
        What do you want a signature for?

Comment

I hope Matrox is working hard on a new release, because under w2k there are a lot of improvements to do, the differents games i try run slower under w2k than under w98.

Comment

Working...
          X